It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:38 am

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Forum Helpers are Here!

The latest forum announcements and official statements from the Vigilant staff.
  • Author

Sarge

Heterodox Innovator

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 98

Re: Forum Helpers are Here!

PostTue May 14, 2013 9:13 am

BraveNewGirl wrote:Sarge?

Does he even lift?

:wave:

Doesn't even lift.

justjess

JEZEBEL

5 Stars

• Thanks Received: 999

PostTue May 14, 2013 10:40 am

what the..?? :?
Scratch most feminists and underneath there is a woman who longs to be a sex object. The difference is that is not all she wants to be. ~Betty Rollin

"I don't really aspire to being rational. I'm more attracted to the irrational," she says. "There's no such thing as total rationality. That's something I've realized lately." - Scarlet Johansson

Rec

2 stars

• Thanks Received: 149

PostTue May 14, 2013 10:55 am

Aiylish wrote:Hey Hexa or whom ever, you can deactivate my account too

As you wish, madam. The best of luck to you.

jashutson13

Funnyfarm escapee

2 stars

• Thanks Received: 145

PostTue May 14, 2013 12:58 pm

Awww man I didn't know miguel left. Cool to the helpers.
    Loki: Well when a man loves another man....

CrippledKnight

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 645

PostTue May 14, 2013 1:04 pm

jashutson13 wrote:Awww man I didn't know miguel left. Cool to the helpers.

I hope Miguel comes back though.

Grats hall monitors. I offer an official bribe for benefits starting at 1 Mexican peso. I won't go higher than that... so... it's not like a bid, rather than a take it or leave it.

Benefits for me include:
Daily massages
Daily cooked meals
Free hall pass
Dunno what else, but you'll all be one peso richer... just syaing.

Wakey

Karuna.

1 star

• Thanks Received: 98

PostWed May 15, 2013 5:33 am

Pretty awesome idea. ;]

Hopefully this will be effective in combating the negativity.
"Love the whole world as a mother loves her only child." - Buddha.

B.Moshay

Revolutionary

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 403

PostWed May 15, 2013 3:12 pm

J. Cyrus wrote:
B.Moshay wrote:So someone who does NOTHING but argue is going to be used to promote civil discussion? Lol what a joke.

You have about 100 active posters and 3 admins and 3 moderators and that's not enough authority???

Ok.

Well it's been real guys, I don't think there's nothing else for me to gain from this site. I truly wish everyone well.

I'm honestly not sure who you're referring to as far as the "person who does NOTHING but argue" (I'm not overly familiar with anyone on the "helper" list aside from justjess and Zsymon).. but I hope you change your mind about leaving. I always got a good vibe from you and you made some contributions I appreciated :|

I think sometimes it's easy to be critical of leadership.. but based on my personal experience, I try to temper that. I run a basketball team that plays in a few tournaments a year and I head up a few fantasy sports leagues throughout the year.. and let me tell you.. somebody is ALWAYS upset about something, lol. It's a stinking headache half the time.. I really try hard to make good decisions for the team/league members, cuz I want everyone to have fun and do well.. but it's very stressful trying to balance the good of the whole with the inevitable concerns/complaints of some.

I say all that to say this.. IMO, Hex, Loki and the others really tried hard to do this right.. and I think we should support their decision, as they have not only put forth an honest effort to make good decisions, but they are also the ones that set up the foundation (hosting, funding, moderation, etc.) for us all to keep VF alive.

But yeah.. I hope you stick around! 8-)

I appreciate you saying that you've gotten a "good vibe" from my contributions. I do try to be positive in light of being a natural pessimist. I know my weaknesses.

Trust me I understand the hardships of being a leader. I am one in my everyday life and recently have shifted into a position that I have to be a damned good one. I know everyone can't be pleased and I don't expect for me to be personally pleased or satisfied with happenings on this forum. I will give my opinion though. I completely stand by original statement. The only thing I don't stand by is saying that there is nothing for me here to gain anymore. It's simply not true as there are tons of people here who share great information and I realize I was being quite dramatic. I don't plan on just dropping this place and quitting but probably just be more of a lurker and chime in with anything I may have that'll add value to the conversation.

To be clear I am not placing the blame on other people here at all or only concerned with social connections.
It's a bullshit three ring circus sideshow of freaks
http://instagram.com/bonafide_reality

Zsymon

Lover of Cats

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 397

PostWed May 15, 2013 5:08 pm

Maybe a solution would be to make helper name color just black again, instead of blue, so it gives less
of an authoritarian vibe. We don't have any power or authority anyway, we're just meant to help create
good conversation and relay problems to the actual moderators.

It's okay for me either way though, just a suggestion. :)
What I share are simply my personal views, I consider them subjective and never absolute.

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 875

PostWed May 15, 2013 5:14 pm

How does a dark purple look?
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

fallenstar

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 97

PostWed May 15, 2013 5:16 pm

I like! Its my favorite color actually. I think a different color is necessary so people know they can come to us with issues etc. But yeah...purple is a little less in your face.
PreviousNext

Return to Announcements