It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:22 am

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Attention: Recent Forum Drama 2.

The latest forum announcements and official statements from the Vigilant staff.
  • Author

Hex

Divine Self Manifest

Site Founder

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 293

Attention: Recent Forum Drama 2.

PostThu Jul 25, 2013 3:08 pm

(Response to the drama which was instigated here: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1688&start=60)

I believe it's patently clear that Sue-donym/Pseudoname was LG utilizing the persona of a 19 year old girl at this stage, having reviewed the relevant posts and styles. Many may be surprised however the team would have been willing to give LG a chance had he come forward as his actual name, or contacted us prior to registering. The fact that this was not done did not bode well with us at all, which otherwise may have favoured him returning (This is my stance atleast), and so potentially may have had other motives if he felt the need to hide them.

It is a shame it turned out this way, and there where many who were taken in by DDT's antics, and so I would have been willing to put that in the past. There are members who genuinely appreciate LG's posts around here, as he is an intelligent fellow certainly, and so we would have been happy to accommodate that. Heck, the fact that he chose to register on these forums speak volumes as is, though as has been stated, posing as a 19 year old girl was not the right way to go about it.

Regarding Sarah, for the record I will say that I have absolutely no issues with her presence here. She was upfront and forthright about her registration and who she was, and has from what I can see not consciously instigated any issues with other members here, despite there being a somewhat cold reception (Understandable, though can be avoided) from other members here. I respect that greatly, and while Loki is correct in that certain folk may harbour mistrust issues, there is no reason why we cannot make a conscious effort to place that behind us. This is a new forum afterall, with new ideals, or so I would have hoped.

Now, whether she so happened to conveniently post here in the same thread as LG was garnering attention is not of my concern. This is a controversial topic afterall, and she is entitled to her views as felt necessary, and I've no qualms with that. I would rather look past theorizing motives behind posts, and in this case it's harmless enough. I know Sarah favours LG somewhat, though the affiliation is harmless enough, and so do other active members here. From what I see Sarah you took things a tad too much personally, or read too much into certain posts. While I can't say the distaste towards you is something I share, I will say it's reasonable to expect some coldness towards your presence here, understandably. Should there however be more in terms of an agenda/vendetta against you we will of course intervene where appropriate, so you've nothing to worry about on that front. That's all I'm willing to do about that.

Not sure what I will do with this thread yet. I will poll Loki/the other Mods to determine best course of action.

Edit: Seemed Loki handled it. I'll post this up as a thread in announcements in that case and leave thread open for dialogue.
"When I became," said he, "the becoming became.
I have become the becoming.
I am one seeing myself, divided.
I am two and four and eight.
I am the universe in diversity.
I am my transformations.
This is my coming together.
Here are my selves become one."

-- Egyptian Book of the Dead

B.Moshay

Revolutionary

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 403

Re: Attention: Recent Forum Drama 2.

PostThu Jul 25, 2013 3:15 pm

Since this seems to be an open thread to place this statement.. I'll say to Sarah that I wasn't referring to you when I said trolls.

That was the second incident in which a troll registered and posted in that specific thread..
It's a bullshit three ring circus sideshow of freaks
http://instagram.com/bonafide_reality

justjess

JEZEBEL

5 Stars

• Thanks Received: 999

PostThu Jul 25, 2013 3:24 pm

I sincerely hope u address with Sarah that it is not appropriate to YELL AND BITCH at people who respond to her respectfully. End of my input.
Scratch most feminists and underneath there is a woman who longs to be a sex object. The difference is that is not all she wants to be. ~Betty Rollin

"I don't really aspire to being rational. I'm more attracted to the irrational," she says. "There's no such thing as total rationality. That's something I've realized lately." - Scarlet Johansson

jashutson13

Funnyfarm escapee

2 stars

• Thanks Received: 145

PostThu Jul 25, 2013 3:26 pm

I liked sarah in the old v.c. I was actually surprised that she doesn't post like she used to, because it seemed pretty well informative.
    Loki: Well when a man loves another man....

Artful Revealer

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 427

PostThu Jul 25, 2013 3:36 pm

Hex, you sure Sue-donym couldn't have been Cymbaline? She's a young woman and (semi-)close to LG, isn't she?
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled is convincing the world he is God.

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 875

PostThu Jul 25, 2013 3:36 pm

Well lets not talk about her as if she's gone or something. She is still here, and you can address her.

Actually, in the future, I know people don't like to use the chat feature much, but if you have an issue with someone it might be worth opening chat up and talking it out there rather than in the thread. Just a thought for everyone.
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 875

PostThu Jul 25, 2013 3:38 pm

Artful Revealer wrote:Hex, you sure Sue-donym couldn't have been Cymbaline? She's a young woman and (semi-)close to LG, isn't she?

Cymba is middle aged. I actually thought about that too, but Sue practically admitted to it and never denied it. The posting styles matched up with LG as well.
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

jashutson13

Funnyfarm escapee

2 stars

• Thanks Received: 145

PostThu Jul 25, 2013 3:45 pm

Cymba was my first guess actually when I finally remembered her username. A lot of them seem to have left ddt's forum when I went over there, and checked.
    Loki: Well when a man loves another man....

enkidu2368

Praetor-

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 285

PostThu Jul 25, 2013 3:55 pm

It is indeed a shame.I got on well with lg , he was the only one who had a strong background in finance to enlighten a lot of our subjects on the old forums, heck i even exchanged pms at certain points, and supported him during the catholic hysteria of the old vc board when it was getting out of hand(even more so than some of the homo threads...would you believe?), then that asshole ddt had to ruin things...

It must be said I am not a fan of heavy-handed moderation in the least (half the reason why i'd never volunteer modding). I kinda think perma-bans are a bit over-the-top. However I believe the mods/admin/hex made a genuine correct call this time.

:grin:

And guys... come on now less of the high-school bullshit please (all of us are guilty at some point)....Though i probably have more chance of winning the lottery than that happening (or getting a job :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ) . Let bygones be bygones (i'm referring to susan and any other 'future' defecting members who might be having/giving a hardtime) Though i'm sure mods will do a good job anyhow...
:3 .
...this world is only play and amusement, pomp and mutual boasting among you, and rivalry in respect of wealth and children, as the likeness of vegetation after rain, thereof the growth is pleasing to the tiller; afterwards it dries up and you see it turning yellow; then it becomes straw. Al-Hadid (020)

justjess

JEZEBEL

5 Stars

• Thanks Received: 999

PostThu Jul 25, 2013 4:00 pm

Who's susan? U said u agreed with lg/sue's perma ban in the same post..?
Scratch most feminists and underneath there is a woman who longs to be a sex object. The difference is that is not all she wants to be. ~Betty Rollin

"I don't really aspire to being rational. I'm more attracted to the irrational," she says. "There's no such thing as total rationality. That's something I've realized lately." - Scarlet Johansson
Next

Return to Announcements