It is currently Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:11 pm

Announcement: The Vigilant Forums have been reopened! Please see here for further information.

We're Back!

The latest forum announcements and official statements from the Vigilant staff.
  • Author

justjess

JEZEBEL

5 Stars

• Thanks Received: 917

Re: We're Back!

PostWed Dec 21, 2016 7:47 pm

Lol yeah and guess who that was in response to? After I hounded him and sent him I don't even know how many messages.. he hasn't answered since
Scratch most feminists and underneath there is a woman who longs to be a sex object. The difference is that is not all she wants to be. ~Betty Rollin

"I don't really aspire to being rational. I'm more attracted to the irrational," she says. "There's no such thing as total rationality. That's something I've realized lately." - Scarlet Johansson

Hex

Divine Self Manifest

Site Founder

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 271

PostWed Dec 21, 2016 11:05 pm

justjess wrote:Lol yeah and guess who that was in response to? After I hounded him and sent him I don't even know how many messages.. he hasn't answered since

Aha, just looked closer :Wink:.

I've dropped him an email. Will let you guys know when/if he responds.
"When I became," said he, "the becoming became.
I have become the becoming.
I am one seeing myself, divided.
I am two and four and eight.
I am the universe in diversity.
I am my transformations.
This is my coming together.
Here are my selves become one."

-- Egyptian Book of the Dead

KoncreteMind

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 5

PostFri Dec 23, 2016 7:24 pm

Seems like this board had more of a variety of people and topics than the original vc boards had (this last time around at least). Will be interesting to see how many members pop up over time...

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

3.5 Stars

• Thanks Received: 554

PostFri Dec 23, 2016 8:07 pm

KoncreteMind wrote:Seems like this board had more of a variety of people and topics than the original vc boards had (this last time around at least). Will be interesting to see how many members pop up over time...

Indeed, it would be great to get a bunch of the old members back and participating who maybe didn't care for VC's forum or were worried that they would put a year's amount of time and posting into it only for it to all be erased again. Obviously we didn't just erase everything when we shut this place down.

The hope is that as the holidays wind down people will begin finding their way here and actually start posting a bit because currently it is quite quiet, but I think that is to be expected.

I just wish there was an easier way to advertise to some of the VC peeps that never knew about this place that it exists.
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

KoncreteMind

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 5

PostSat Dec 24, 2016 5:50 am

If anyone has a twitter could they @VC about the forums and get in his mentions? I dont have twitter and cant really remember how that works so I could be getting this wrong lol Also theres the chance that he might take that as infringing on his forum (or potential forum if hes bringing it back) though Im sure you and/or Hex would know better than I. Otherwise, I think the waiting game is the only option really..

Thunderian

OG for real

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 8

PostSat Dec 24, 2016 7:51 pm

I'm not going back to any of VC's forums. I'm not impressed with the way he's pulled the plug without any explanation for the people who have supported him for years now.

I do think it's a good idea to have some sort of Twitter account for this board to promote it and as a way of communicating if things go pear-shaped here. There's also a new social media platform called Gab that's similar to Twitter but has a commitment to free speech that Twitter doesn't seem to want to make. It might be a good plan to have accounts on both.

AndrianaStark

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 11

PostTue Dec 27, 2016 1:38 pm

KoncreteMind wrote:If anyone has a twitter could they @VC about the forums and get in his mentions? I dont have twitter and cant really remember how that works so I could be getting this wrong lol Also theres the chance that he might take that as infringing on his forum (or potential forum if hes bringing it back) though Im sure you and/or Hex would know better than I. Otherwise, I think the waiting game is the only option really..

I've mentioned him countless times on Twitter only to be ignored but like Thunderian said, it might just be a great idea to start a Twitter specifically for these forums.

justjess

JEZEBEL

5 Stars

• Thanks Received: 917

PostWed Dec 28, 2016 6:32 pm

Not for nothing vig is a real dick regarding his forums. I will never go back there again so I hope this one remain safe open even if just for keeping in touch with people.

If he wanted to close the forums fine whatever man but to not tell loyal members or offer any sort of explanation or grace period whatsoever is just bull crap
Scratch most feminists and underneath there is a woman who longs to be a sex object. The difference is that is not all she wants to be. ~Betty Rollin

"I don't really aspire to being rational. I'm more attracted to the irrational," she says. "There's no such thing as total rationality. That's something I've realized lately." - Scarlet Johansson

Taragaia

Awake

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 25

PostTue Jan 03, 2017 5:07 am

Thunderian wrote:I'm not going back to any of VC's forums. I'm not impressed with the way he's pulled the plug without any explanation for the people who have supported him for years now.

Me neither. Been posting long enough over there and never had the idea that it really did anything useful and the moderation was really bad.

I am happy to have a chance at a new account here and hope we can make use of this new chance at a different direction for the boards.
The only way out is in

Hex

Divine Self Manifest

Site Founder

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 271

PostThu Jan 05, 2017 7:31 pm

I heard back from Vig. It appears the forums won't be back any time soon I'm afraid.

There have been some issues behind the scenes which he is still working through, and I'm not quite sure how it is all related but it does appear as though the forums will be down for the foreseeable future.
"When I became," said he, "the becoming became.
I have become the becoming.
I am one seeing myself, divided.
I am two and four and eight.
I am the universe in diversity.
I am my transformations.
This is my coming together.
Here are my selves become one."

-- Egyptian Book of the Dead

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements