It is currently Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:59 am

Announcement: The Vigilant Forums have been reopened! Please see here for further information.

We're Back!

The latest forum announcements and official statements from the Vigilant staff.
  • Author

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 685

Re: We're Back!

PostThu Jan 05, 2017 8:36 pm

Hex wrote:I heard back from Vig. It appears the forums won't be back any time soon I'm afraid.

There have been some issues behind the scenes which he is still working through, and I'm not quite sure how it is all related but it does appear as though the forums will be down for the foreseeable future.

Thanks for relaying the message. I doubt he'd be willing to promote this place at all if he has plans to bring the forums back in the future, even if it could be months or more before that happens.
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

Hex

Divine Self Manifest

Site Founder

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 276

PostThu Jan 05, 2017 8:41 pm

Loki wrote:
Hex wrote:I heard back from Vig. It appears the forums won't be back any time soon I'm afraid.

There have been some issues behind the scenes which he is still working through, and I'm not quite sure how it is all related but it does appear as though the forums will be down for the foreseeable future.

Thanks for relaying the message. I doubt he'd be willing to promote this place at all if he has plans to bring the forums back in the future, even if it could be months or more before that happens.

No problem! Sorry I didn't have more on that front. It was somewhat vague on the details.

Yup - I can't see that happening either. I'm not sure how active this place will be, or whether it 'should' in the first place. After 3 official forum iterations it might just be time to move on, as sad as it is (I'd like to think we had a good community going, especially when some of us members are going on 6-7 years).
"When I became," said he, "the becoming became.
I have become the becoming.
I am one seeing myself, divided.
I am two and four and eight.
I am the universe in diversity.
I am my transformations.
This is my coming together.
Here are my selves become one."

-- Egyptian Book of the Dead

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

PostThu Jan 05, 2017 8:55 pm

Hex wrote:
Loki wrote:

No problem! Sorry I didn't have more on that front. It was somewhat vague on the details.

Yup - I can't see that happening either. I'm not sure how active this place will be, or whether it 'should' in the first place. After 3 official forum iterations it might just be time to move on, as sad as it is (I'd like to think we had a good community going, especially when some of us members are going on 6-7 years).

Agreed. I mean if people populate this place and want to keep posting and keep it open I'm totally fine with that, but if it's only like 5 users posting once in a while it seems rather pointless unfortunately. Had we had any indication this was coming we could have broken some rules and pimped this spot a bit on VCF. Alas...

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

Hex

Divine Self Manifest

Site Founder

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 276

PostThu Jan 05, 2017 9:13 pm

Loki wrote:Agreed. I mean if people populate this place and want to keep posting and keep it open I'm totally fine with that, but if it's only like 5 users posting once in a while it seems rather pointless unfortunately. Had we had any indication this was coming we could have broken some rules and pimped this spot a bit on VCF. Alas...

Pretty much echoed my thoughts. Didn't see this one coming at all, but it is his site.

If anyone is on FB it may be worth posting the link up on his page.

:Evil:.
"When I became," said he, "the becoming became.
I have become the becoming.
I am one seeing myself, divided.
I am two and four and eight.
I am the universe in diversity.
I am my transformations.
This is my coming together.
Here are my selves become one."

-- Egyptian Book of the Dead

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

PostThu Jan 05, 2017 9:17 pm

Hex wrote:
Loki wrote:Agreed. I mean if people populate this place and want to keep posting and keep it open I'm totally fine with that, but if it's only like 5 users posting once in a while it seems rather pointless unfortunately. Had we had any indication this was coming we could have broken some rules and pimped this spot a bit on VCF. Alas...

Pretty much echoed my thoughts. Didn't see this one coming at all, but it is his site.

If anyone is on FB it may be worth posting the link up on his page.

:Evil:.

Yeah Jess, pimp us out in the comments of whatever his latest post is. I know you can't post directly to his page, but you can leave it in the comments for people to see.

Tatilina

0.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 11

PostThu Jan 05, 2017 9:29 pm

Nothing lasts forever.

Especially if it isn't taken care of and properly maintained. Also, it really does help if the persons who created the forum actually were invested and took part in their forum instead of just having a forum for the sake of having one. Successful forums that I've been a part of that are still up and running, are very active contributors amongst their moderation team and community members. Their forums have a direction and every member there is there because of that specific direction. The moderator's take action (not wrongful) against members who are actually breaking the rules over and over and not kept just because of their seniority in the community. They also do it in a very timely manner and not a week later by not banning the instigator, provocateur, troll, troublemakers , hijackers whatever you'd prefer to label them as. Without any of that, of course the forums are constantly going to fail time and time again. I've notice the pattern of banning those who are actually interested in real debate and discussion being banned as to keeping the highly favoured trolls.

I'm not interested in defending any of my bans although I do feel that they were unjustly because it would be pointless, but there is a good reason as to why they've been unsuccessful and it has nothing to do with lack of advertising. Now if this forum was to be run with care and differently than the previous failures, more productive, mature and knowledgable people might consider joining.

I'm just saying.
Chase the beast, or the beast will chase you.

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

PostFri Jan 06, 2017 2:12 pm

If you or anyone else want to create and run your own forum we will advertise it here for you. As has been stated numerous times in the past, Hex and I had no interest in really running a forum. Hex made this place just as a communal place to gather when VCF went to shit and then when we realized it might never come back everyone insisted we make this place a permanent replacement. We had no problem with that, but I believe I can speak for both of us when I say we aren't really big on this subculture and were keeping this place alive mostly for you guys, not for ourselves or to make money off of it or anything like that. As people lost interest they moved on and we didn't really mind that.

Had more of the VC community been able to find this place (or cared to find this place) this time I might care more about keeping it going, but with only a small handful showing up and posting there doesn't seem to be a major reason to keep this place going, though I'm happy to if that changes.

But again, we are providing this place for you guys, not ourselves. As far as I'm concerned it is up to you all to show you want to keep it going (not you specifically Tat, as you are one of two posters actually posting frequently). I'm sure that doesn't make me an excellent forum admin, but I never said I was and I have never changed my stance on caring whether or not these forums grow. But like I said, if you or anyone else actually do want to attempt having a growing, bustling forum then you are very welcome to do that and I will pimp it here for you so that the few people who do check in here know about it.

Also, I would happily contribute more myself if I had anything to contribute. I don't really follow or care about conspiracy subculture very much and I can't talk about TV shows, movies, or MMA with myself so I just do that on Reddit. I'd be happy to jump into some religious debates but you want the Religious section permanently closed and the only other people posting in there were GB and KM and it was about topics I don't really have anything to say about.

Tatilina

0.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 11

PostFri Jan 06, 2017 9:58 pm

Loki wrote:If you or anyone else want to create and run your own forum we will advertise it here for you. As has been stated numerous times in the past, Hex and I had no interest in really running a forum. Hex made this place just as a communal place to gather when VCF went to shit and then when we realized it might never come back everyone insisted we make this place a permanent replacement. We had no problem with that, but I believe I can speak for both of us when I say we aren't really big on this subculture and were keeping this place alive mostly for you guys, not for ourselves or to make money off of it or anything like that. As people lost interest they moved on and we didn't really mind that.

Had more of the VC community been able to find this place (or cared to find this place) this time I might care more about keeping it going, but with only a small handful showing up and posting there doesn't seem to be a major reason to keep this place going, though I'm happy to if that changes.

But again, we are providing this place for you guys, not ourselves. As far as I'm concerned it is up to you all to show you want to keep it going (not you specifically Tat, as you are one of two posters actually posting frequently). I'm sure that doesn't make me an excellent forum admin, but I never said I was and I have never changed my stance on caring whether or not these forums grow. But like I said, if you or anyone else actually do want to attempt having a growing, bustling forum then you are very welcome to do that and I will pimp it here for you so that the few people who do check in here know about it.

Also, I would happily contribute more myself if I had anything to contribute. I don't really follow or care about conspiracy subculture very much and I can't talk about TV shows, movies, or MMA with myself so I just do that on Reddit. I'd be happy to jump into some religious debates but you want the Religious section permanently closed and the only other people posting in there were GB and KM and it was about topics I don't really have anything to say about.

I certainly don't have the time to run a forum right now and probably won't for a few years and even by then, I doubt I'll be doing much foruming. I would just like to see something successful come out of it for once, or anything for that matter lol.
Yeah reddit is not too bad. Personally I spend a little (very little) of my freetime on youtube or good ole liveleak. Liveleak is great :Crazy:
After the last incident from the forums, I went there to quench a bit of my own bloodthirst. You know, the MIddle Easterners upload lots of great videos. :Rofl:

I honestly can see why you're not big on the conspiracy subculture and neither am I because it produces a lot of assholes, but there are just some things too hard to ignore. I'm just saying that this forum was never successful as a conspiracy forum because it didn't reflect either you or Hex and it made it pretty messy, random and disorganized. You can see the pattern by the number of members and people that have/had joined, tried to partake in a thread only to leave and never be heard of again. I know as of right now it's not that big of a deal, but I do think slowly, old members will make their way back to check out if the same stuff is still occurring within the community and will probably determine whether or not its worth returning. Now if that same shitstorm that choked the shit and life of VC's last forum, then it will remain a dead forum of course. Because nobody ain't got time for that bullshit anymore and the only new members will be sock puppet accounts arriving out of the blue just to say they are converting to Islam and then disappear to never be seen from again. We really need a facepalm emoji :Rofl: :Clown: :Crazy:

Okay..., I think I've said enough :Shh:
IT'S FRIDAY!!!!! WOOT!!!! Moonbeam baby here I COME! This is the last weekend to live it up before I mentally abuse my brain and shit gets serious. Time to hit the clubs!!!! :Yay:
Chase the beast, or the beast will chase you.

Goku

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 8

PostFri Jan 06, 2017 11:52 pm

Guess who back?

phpBB [video]

I understand the anger towards VC because he didn't let anyone know, but shit happens and it's just a forum at the end of the day - everyone has more important things to worry about I'm sure. Let's just be thankful this forum exists for those of us that still want to discuss and stay connected. But yeah, thanks to Hex for providing the link to this place, genuinely glad to as I thought I may never speak to some of you guys again :Crybaby: :Crybaby: hahaha. On a more positive note, I hope everyone had an amazing 2016, a good Christmas and a good new year. Let's do our best to stay frosty in regards to what the world throws at us in 2017.

Peace :Thumbup:

justjess

JEZEBEL

5 Stars

• Thanks Received: 982

PostSat Jan 07, 2017 4:54 pm

Lol at this thread..

I'll post it on a couple of his posts Loki. See what happens. Maybe I'll temporarily change my real name on there though since I'd prefer that everyone doesn't have that. Idk.

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions about what to do with this place just yet though.. give it some time. I haven't been posted because there's no one to talk to and nothing i care to talk about. But I still like hack g this place available if I want to talk you or hex or something. Clearly not the greatest reason to keep it open but better then nothing.
Scratch most feminists and underneath there is a woman who longs to be a sex object. The difference is that is not all she wants to be. ~Betty Rollin

"I don't really aspire to being rational. I'm more attracted to the irrational," she says. "There's no such thing as total rationality. That's something I've realized lately." - Scarlet Johansson
PreviousNext

Return to Announcements