It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 1:53 am

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

We're Back!

The latest forum announcements and official statements from the Vigilant staff.
  • Author

Thy Unveiling

Creeper's Creeper

1 star

• Thanks Received: 123

Re: We're Back!

PostSat Jan 21, 2017 1:11 am

Fair enough! lol Thanks, Loki :D

For some reason my phone wanted to call you Lolita....
"It's this house that's gone mad! I'm as sane as can be!" ~ICP; Madhouse

Creeper

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 282

PostSat Jan 21, 2017 6:16 pm

Honestly, I wasn't really thinking it was worth coming back to post on forums at all. All the arguements were circular and it became more about the poster than what they had to say. Hence why I'm not using my old username, you might be able to guess who I am anyway, Aiylish called it before she flipped out and got herself banned again and the thread was deleted lol. Some things never change....

Anyway... I found it slightly odd how the forums went down literally 5 minutes after I made a post in response to that Asia Teacher dude.

He wanted to give advice to me about addiction and I explained that I already know plenty about addiction. The foundation of modern society is addiction. Where the top pushers want everyone addicted to the shit they push and want to keep everyone else trapped in vicious cycles. We don't just get addicted to drugs like caffeine and alcohol. We get addicted to all kinds of things, little habits that make us feel safe, movies, games, gambling, sex, posting things on the internet... Anything that can make you feel good in some way. I have seen it and I have lived it and it is what it is.

So I had that to say, I can't remember exactly everything that was said word for word, but I still remember the gist of it. He also asked two questions (which I will repeat along with my answers).

What is the point in posting articles on this forum?

What is the point in doing anything? You can post all the information here you like, there are no guarantees that anyone will read it or even take it seriously if they do (with the subsequent closure of the forums, I think I was right in saying there isn't any point in posting, especially at that point in time).

What is the purpose of these forums?

Making money and giving people a place to idealogically duke it out.

Am I being paranoid for thinking that mentioning how Michael Kanfi makes money from his website (which isn't actually illegal and I don't really have a problem with it) was a contributing factor to the forum's closure?

Or was I hitting too close to home with my addiction theory and this genuinely happened?

I just thought I would share that.

Have a nice day everyone
A fool thinks himself to be wise,
a wise man knows himself to be a fool.

Everything is meaningless, a chasing after the wind.

Taragaia

Awake

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 273

PostSat Jan 21, 2017 6:52 pm

I know who you are :)

But I won't say it because I am not telling who I am either.

Must say you are already telling so much about yourself and that meme really gives it away, so try being less personal next time. Everyone who's seen you post this year for a long time knows who you are.
The only way out is in

Thy Unveiling

Creeper's Creeper

1 star

PostSat Jan 21, 2017 7:57 pm

My "Dildo Swaggins" thing kinda gives him away, too, if anyone's a fan of South Park.

Tara, I thought I had you narrowed down to "This Person or That Person", but your profile fits neither since both girls I suspected are Texans. Of course, your profile could be designed to mislead people....

Edit to add: I wouldn't publicly out you even if I did know. Right now you're a mystery that's bugging me is all :lol:
Last edited by Thy Unveiling on Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Karlysymon

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 282

PostSat Jan 21, 2017 9:31 pm

Skankhunt, our posting styles betray us. I also zeroed in on your old identity before Aiylish called you out. Purpose of posting? I practically have no one else to share with stuff that i post here, which interest me. Whether people read them or not, it remains a safe haven for me, an audience to hear me out. Also, I love to write thus its a free outlet for me. I felt Asia Teacher was asking for too much. People will ALWAYS find something to complain about. Even if it was exclusively about article posting, people would demand articles worth a Pulitzer prize. Thereafter, complaints about the forum being 'too serious' and it should dial down a notch. What the hell do we all want?

justjess

JEZEBEL

5 Stars

• Thanks Received: 999

PostSat Jan 21, 2017 10:57 pm

That Asia teacher situation was weird u aren't being paranoid.. I had the same thoughts.

I also know who u are tho lol
Scratch most feminists and underneath there is a woman who longs to be a sex object. The difference is that is not all she wants to be. ~Betty Rollin

"I don't really aspire to being rational. I'm more attracted to the irrational," she says. "There's no such thing as total rationality. That's something I've realized lately." - Scarlet Johansson

Thy Unveiling

Creeper's Creeper

1 star

PostSat Jan 21, 2017 11:06 pm

Lmfao seems everyone knows :p I wonder if it's possible to change his sn? If he wanted to.

justjess

JEZEBEL

5 Stars

• Thanks Received: 999

PostSun Jan 22, 2017 2:08 am

His very first post - or close enough - gave him away. Trust me don't give aiylish too much credit it wasn't difficult to figure out.
Scratch most feminists and underneath there is a woman who longs to be a sex object. The difference is that is not all she wants to be. ~Betty Rollin

"I don't really aspire to being rational. I'm more attracted to the irrational," she says. "There's no such thing as total rationality. That's something I've realized lately." - Scarlet Johansson

Taragaia

Awake

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 273

PostSun Jan 22, 2017 6:25 am

Thy Unveiling wrote:My "Dildo Swaggins" thing kinda gives him away, too, if anyone's a fan of South Park.

Tara, I thought I had you narrowed down to "This Person or That Person", but your profile fits neither since both girls I suspected are Texans. Of course, your profile could be designed to mislead people....

Edit to add: I wouldn't publicly out you even if I did know. Right now you're a mystery that's bugging me is all :lol:

Haha, well I will add a little mystery for you ''everything you find on there is true, but it's a side of me you never knew''.

I never talked about this on the old boards. So it will be hard to determine who I am. But that's what I want because I think it's nice to start with a clean slate for all of us. Maybe the circular arguments will be a little less this time.
The only way out is in

Thy Unveiling

Creeper's Creeper

1 star

PostSun Jan 22, 2017 8:19 am

It would be nice :)
PreviousNext

Return to Announcements