It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:18 am

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

VC board is back (again)

The latest forum announcements and official statements from the Vigilant staff.
  • Author

Thunderian

OG for real

1 star

• Thanks Received: 104

VC board is back (again)

PostMon Mar 13, 2017 4:52 pm

VC couldn't have told us why the old board was taken down, or that it was coming back? He just left for a pack of cigarettes one day and never came back. Now he's all, "Hey baby, the board is back! Everything's cool."

I guess we'll all be going back there. I know I said that I wouldn't go back, but damn it, I love him and we were meant to be together, and I know this time will be different.

Hex and Loki, thanks for your efforts on this board. Do either of you know anything about the new VC board? Have you communicated with him at all?

In the meantime, this one goes out to VC ...

phpBB [video]

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 875

Re: VC board is back (again)

PostMon Mar 13, 2017 5:27 pm

I can't speak for Hex, but I've had no communication with Vig since a while before he shut them down again this time. I don't believe he ever offered Hex a real reason for shutting them down then or has since, and I highly doubt that he even knows we continued on over here.

Right now I'm not really interested in going back. This place is enough for me currently, but perhaps if everyone leaves here and returns there I'll find myself back there out of boredom. I'll sign up anyhow to look around.

Part of me wants to post there and leave the link to this place in my signature for when that board inevitably goes away again. I would have enjoyed having a few of the VC regulars make it here who likely didn't know this place existed and we had no means of contacting them.
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

AndrianaStark

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 55

PostMon Mar 13, 2017 5:28 pm

BEYOND annoyed

AndrianaStark

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 55

PostMon Mar 13, 2017 5:29 pm

Like we work hard to get this one out there and to let people know and then this shit happens... I even created a Twitter for this one and everything. But it's okay. RANT OVER.

Thunderian

OG for real

1 star

PostMon Mar 13, 2017 5:30 pm

I'll keep posting on this board if everyone else does. :smile:

Thunderian

OG for real

1 star

PostMon Mar 13, 2017 5:32 pm

AndrianaStark wrote:BEYOND annoyed

Maybe VC is just one of those guys with no social skills and doesn't realize he's being an asshole.

Taragaia

Awake

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 273

PostMon Mar 13, 2017 5:39 pm

Thunderian wrote:
AndrianaStark wrote:BEYOND annoyed

Maybe VC is just one of those guys with no social skills and doesn't realize he's being an asshole.

That's what I think.

I am staying put. Besides, I put my VC identity behind me here and this feels much better! :Congrats:

*Edit: alright apparently I can choose a new identity because he made a totally new board. Guess I will be posting both here and there then.
Last edited by Taragaia on Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only way out is in

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

PostMon Mar 13, 2017 5:39 pm

More likely he simply doesn't care that much whether he inconveniences people he doesn't know on the internet. With the exception of possibly Hex, who keeps in touch with him more than any of us, he has no real reason to care about us or how we feel about his decisions, so wiping the forums and starting from scratch means nothing to him. All of his hard work and effort are still there on the main site, and that's what's important. Ultimately, I get it, but it's not an appealing trait, and it doesn't instill much faith in those he wants to come back and continue posting. Honestly though, if no old members returned it would potentially be better for the forums because it removes all the baggage associated with us. It's not like the place won't still be relatively successful.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

PostMon Mar 13, 2017 6:00 pm

Lol, I see Tara reposting some of her topics there and I kind of wish we would all sign up over there and then copy-paste our respective posts in order across the boards all rapid-fire and shit. All the newbies would be like, "Whoa, these guys are serious. Look at them go!"

Thunderian

OG for real

1 star

PostMon Mar 13, 2017 6:00 pm

Well, I asked him about it on his "Ask VC" thread.
Next

Return to Announcements