It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:16 am

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

VC board is back (again)

The latest forum announcements and official statements from the Vigilant staff.
  • Author

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 875

Re: VC board is back (again)

PostWed Mar 15, 2017 3:48 pm

Much love to you as well Karly. I've really enjoyed these conversations with everyone as well.
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

Taragaia

Awake

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 273

PostWed Mar 15, 2017 3:50 pm

[quote="Loki"]Much love to you as well Karly. I've really enjoyed these conversations with everyone as well. I've also deleted your double post :)[/quote]

These kind of posts do make me feel like we're closing down :Stare:

We aren't, are we ? :Crybaby:
The only way out is in

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 875

PostWed Mar 15, 2017 3:58 pm

Nah, I don't plan to stop posting here. Just depends on whether others continue contributing or not, which you guys seem willing to do, so no worries. We could potentially grow a bit because Vig is allowing the link to this place to remain in my signature over there. But I don't expect anything massive because it's likely very redundant to most people to post on such very similar forums with mostly the same people haha.
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

Karlysymon

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 282

PostWed Mar 15, 2017 4:18 pm

Tara
i was actually afraid my post would imply that either iam about to die or leave the forum. It had a line at the bottom that i didn't submit: i will pack up when everyone has left. Besides, i haven't even signed up over there (even though i missed my former comrades). Will do so likely over the weekend and do more lurking for a while.

Taragaia

Awake

1.5 stars

PostWed Mar 15, 2017 4:43 pm

Loki wrote:Nah, I don't plan to stop posting here. Just depends on whether others continue contributing or not, which you guys seem willing to do, so no worries. We could potentially grow a bit because Vig is allowing the link to this place to remain in my signature over there. But I don't expect anything massive because it's likely very redundant to most people to post on such very similar forums with mostly the same people haha.

But the nice ones are over here :Cool:
The only way out is in

Karlysymon

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 282

PostWed Mar 15, 2017 9:40 pm

Taragaia wrote:
Karlysymon wrote:Creeper,
we will meet in heaven and i look foward to seeing you there!

You believe you will see non-Christians in heaven?

Just curious, you're the first Christian I've heard that said that. Maybe an idea for another thread :Wink:

Karlysymon wrote:I have to say though, that being here has been a GREAT learning experience for me even though it was just a handful of us posting. So iam sending a special shout-out to : Loki, Taragaia, Scimitar, Rainerann, Koncrete and Thunderian. Even my engagement with GB wasn't without benefit. Maybe that's why the quote resonates with us all. Y'all hold a special place in my heart even though our respective ideologies maybe at odds.
Thanks guys!

Glad to hear!

But we're going on, aren't we? I am not leaving.

I said it to Scimi aswell. Lemme put it this way: 10 years ago today, you had no idea you'd be a 'self-made' Buddhist but here you are now. God moves and works in mysterious ways. I express that hope because iam 100% sure that God wants him there and is helping him along his spiritual journey. Whether Creeper wants to be there or to helped along, thats another matter and God can't force him to be there. I will say that iam not a universalist (everyone is going to heaven) because i have to accept the reality that many people want to exist independently of God and they will get their way because its what they want and again, God will not force them to choose otherwise. And i hope to see you (and other people) there aswell!

Thy Unveiling

Creeper's Creeper

1 star

• Thanks Received: 123

PostFri Mar 17, 2017 1:21 am

Not that I've been much of a contributor here, but having a quick lurk at the other place, I like the vibe here better and am glad to see Loki and others wanting to keep it going. So I may as well do my part on occasion. Can't say I'll be a regular or anything, but there have been times where I wanted to share this or that with others.
"It's this house that's gone mad! I'm as sane as can be!" ~ICP; Madhouse

Kung Fu

2.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 207

PostFri Mar 17, 2017 2:45 pm

Thunderian wrote:I guess we'll all be going back there. I know I said that I wouldn't go back, but damn it, I love him and we were meant to be together, and I know this time will be different.

That's wishful thinking. Take it from me, Loki, and or anyone else who have been on VC for years that it has happened several times where he has erased everything and closed the forums only to open it up again later. Just as the moon and sun rotate so will VC's closure of the forums happen again soon.

Taragaia

Awake

1.5 stars

PostFri Mar 17, 2017 9:17 pm

Kung Fu wrote:
Thunderian wrote:I guess we'll all be going back there. I know I said that I wouldn't go back, but damn it, I love him and we were meant to be together, and I know this time will be different.

That's wishful thinking. Take it from me, Loki, and or anyone else who have been on VC for years that it has happened several times where he has erased everything and closed the forums only to open it up again later. Just as the moon and sun rotate so will VC's closure of the forums happen again soon.

Yeah, I decided I already had enough of the VC main boards.

I've invested here and I am staying here.
The only way out is in

Thunderian

OG for real

1 star

• Thanks Received: 104

PostSat Mar 18, 2017 12:09 am

Kung Fu wrote:

I've been on all the boards, so believe me, I know the history of VC.

Anyway, what I said in that post was meant to be a joke. I will not be surprised if and when this new board disappears, too.
PreviousNext

Return to Announcements