It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:26 am

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

VC board is back (again)

The latest forum announcements and official statements from the Vigilant staff.
  • Author

Karlysymon

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 282

Re: VC board is back (again)

PostTue Apr 25, 2017 11:22 am

Creeper wrote:I had a brief look a moment ago on the official forum and saw a thread about celibacy. Which is all well and good, but it is very hard to go against instinct.
Someone mentioned something about having kids. If I was there I would be mentioning how there are plenty of us here already

People who have done some number crunching state we aren't too few and not too many. Ted Turner can claim there's too many of us here while it is okay for him to have 5 kids.
God decides who should and shouldn't roam this planet. If He set it in stone that Creeper Jr will come from the loins of Creeper Sr, there is nothing you can do to stop it. Everyone's existance is God-ordained
Acts 17:25-27
Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else. From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and He marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for Him and find Him, though He
is not far from any one of us

If the crisis that is happening now happened 500yrs ago, i don't think we'd all be here. People aren't having kids anymore. Maybe God, in a way, is saying time is up?
More than likely its because of finances. Others just want more "me time".
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/a-future ... ead_022015

Creeper

1.5 stars

PostTue Apr 25, 2017 12:49 pm

I'm not going to disagree that everyone's existence is pre-ordained or that God is close to everyone, because it is true.

Whether there is a population crisis or not is irrelevant to me, there are still a lot of people in the world today regardless. Existence is suffering and it is cruel to force another soul to endure it, in my honest opinion. Allah will have to pull some kind of miracle to prevent me from killing off any potential offspring before He Breathes a soul into it.

Nobody is going to convince me that breeding and perpetuating the cycle of pain and insanity that we call life is a good thing, I have seen and known too much. I lack the cruelty, ignorance and selfishness required to want to force another creature like me to exist. I hope God never curses me with such a thing and I don't want anyone to want it for me either, please stop and mind your own business. Peace be upon you.
A fool thinks himself to be wise,
a wise man knows himself to be a fool.

Everything is meaningless, a chasing after the wind.

Karlysymon

1.5 stars

PostTue Apr 25, 2017 1:30 pm

I think i was misunderstood. By mentioning the fruit of your loins doesn't mean i wish it for you. The intent was you just never know what God has planned. We have our plans and so does God but His are the ones that prevail. Take for example Cameron Diaz who swore never to get married. She hit her 40s and shocked the world. No one knows what tomorrow holds. Our best laid plans sometime aren't always best laid.

Creeper

1.5 stars

PostTue Apr 25, 2017 3:29 pm

Thanks for the explanation Karlysymon :Smile:

I'm sorry if I got a bit defensive, I don't like it when people keep banging on about kids and how great they are and how it's the be all and end all and all this and that. It does my head in. Nothing against kids, I like the ways they see the world and the stuff they come out with is hilarious, I just don't feel the need to have any myself.

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 875

PostTue Apr 25, 2017 6:49 pm

Creeper wrote:Thanks for the explanation Karlysymon :Smile:

I'm sorry if I got a bit defensive, I don't like it when people keep banging on about kids and how great they are and how it's the be all and end all and all this and that. It does my head in. Nothing against kids, I like the ways they see the world and the stuff they come out with is hilarious, I just don't feel the need to have any myself.

I'm in much the same boat, luckily my fiancée is open to not having kids. Many women seem to have this idea that they MUST have kids, when in reality the world already has plenty of the adorable annoying little things, it really doesn't need every single person or couple making more just for the heck of it.

Part of me does think I'd make a pretty good dad, and when I spend time with my nieces and nephews I see the appeal, but the other parts of me don't think the world needs extra mouths to feed, nor does it think we can necessarily afford kids and continue to live a comfortable life; shit is already really expensive, no need to add another person to our expenses. We haven't officially decided whether I'll be getting my balls snipped or not, but I think we are leaning towards that and just having 2-3 dogs at all times. I'm also not convinced that I won't die of a massive heart attack within the next 15 years and I don't want to put any potential kids through that or leave my wife to raise them alone.
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

Creeper

1.5 stars

PostTue Apr 25, 2017 8:51 pm

Loki wrote:I'm in much the same boat, luckily my fiancée is open to not having kids. Many women seem to have this idea that they MUST have kids, when in reality the world already has plenty of the adorable annoying little things, it really doesn't need every single person or couple making more just for the heck of it.

Part of me does think I'd make a pretty good dad, and when I spend time with my nieces and nephews I see the appeal, but the other parts of me don't think the world needs extra mouths to feed, nor does it think we can necessarily afford kids and continue to live a comfortable life; shit is already really expensive, no need to add another person to our expenses. We haven't officially decided whether I'll be getting my balls snipped or not, but I think we are leaning towards that and just having 2-3 dogs at all times. I'm also not convinced that I won't die of a massive heart attack within the next 15 years and I don't want to put any potential kids through that or leave my wife to raise them alone.

I hear you loud and clear bro. A lot of people think that having kids of their own is a God given right, which is why so many people have IVF rather than adopting one of the countless prom night dumpster babies.

phpBB [video]

Just in case nobody got the reference...

It is always kids having kids anyway, even if people think they are mature. There are plenty of old cunts in the world who are more childish than actual children.

The same can be said with dogs, seeing as you mentioned them, I love dogs, but a lot of people prefer getting a cute puppy rather than rescuing one. It's much better and less selfish to save a life rather than create one (which isn't exactly the same as you and won't live up to your expectations), it's basically exactly the same job anyway...

People tell me I would be a good dad, but I doubt it and find it hard enough just looking after myself. It is spooky how you mentioned the heart attack thing because I suspect that could happen to me as well. My ticker has been dodgy ever since I overdosed when I was 17 and after knowing a few people that have died and having a few close calls myself, I know that death can come at any moment. Which is why I try to live every day like it will be my last (although I realise that it probably won't be) and try to be a happy and friendly person, almost out of spite for the world :lol: it's not all bad, it just feels that way a lot of the time.

It's been a good talk, we should probably let this thread get back on topic, although there are not a lot of posts being made here at the moment so it probably doesn't matter. Conversations have a way of drifting into other subjects. I don't really have anything else to say at this point anyway. Take care Loki and Karlysymon (and anyone else who may be reading).

Karlysymon

1.5 stars

PostTue Apr 25, 2017 11:05 pm

@Loki
That may be the plan now but speaking from secondary experience (friends and relatives), females later on in life get an intense urge to have a baby. Some of them were adamant they weren't going to have children but hit their 40s and decided to have one. You can freeze your sperm just incase. Although i wouldn't wish this on anyone:
Some poor Venezuelan
parents give away children
amid deep crisis
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/poor-venezuel ... 08650.html
Haha....dumpster babies. I used to love MTV's "16 and pregnant". Religiously watched it. Now that iam talking about it, i used to have a thing for those kinds of shows. Another one was Baby Borrowers that did a pretty good job of discouraging teens from having kids.

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

PostWed Apr 26, 2017 1:13 pm

Karlysymon wrote:@Loki
That may be the plan now but speaking from secondary experience (friends and relatives), females later on in life get an intense urge to have a baby. Some of them were adamant they weren't going to have children but hit their 40s and decided to have one. You can freeze your sperm just incase. Although i wouldn't wish this on anyone:
Some poor Venezuelan
parents give away children
amid deep crisis
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/poor-venezuel ... 08650.html
Haha....dumpster babies. I used to love MTV's "16 and pregnant". Religiously watched it. Now that iam talking about it, i used to have a thing for those kinds of shows. Another one was Baby Borrowers that did a pretty good job of discouraging teens from having kids.

Yeah, I'm aware that she may change her mind, but she has stated specifically she doesn't want to risk getting pregnant past 35, so I'm not worried about being 40 year old new parents. Honestly, if she did want to have a child at 40 I might have to just tell her tough luck, unless we suddenly get rich haha. The doctor bills for her alone would be astronomical and then we are hitting middle age and having to deal with a 10 year old brat? No thank you. Plus by then I'll likely be having heart trouble myself. We are far too practical for that situation. I think most likely we will either have a kid by thirty or I'll be getting snipped by thirty.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

PostThu Apr 27, 2017 12:15 pm

Well, my work finally blocked the VC Forums. It was a good run. They've seemingly blocked things like imgur in the past but then a few days later it is unblocked so that could potentially happen but I doubt it, so I guess for all intents and purposes my time there is done unless I feel like figuring out a way to get around IP restrictions. I'll probably sign on via my phone just once to say farewell but that's about it. I'll still check in here, but obviously this place has mostly died off.

Thunderian

OG for real

1 star

• Thanks Received: 104

PostFri Apr 28, 2017 5:17 am

Who are Michael Kanfi and Mitch Joel?
PreviousNext

Return to Announcements