It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:33 am

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Please Read the Rules Before Posting!

The latest forum announcements and official statements from the Vigilant staff.
  • Author

justjess

JEZEBEL

5 Stars

• Thanks Received: 999

Re: Please Read the Rules Before Posting!

PostThu Mar 21, 2013 4:57 pm

that would have came in handy in the past.. seriously.
Scratch most feminists and underneath there is a woman who longs to be a sex object. The difference is that is not all she wants to be. ~Betty Rollin

"I don't really aspire to being rational. I'm more attracted to the irrational," she says. "There's no such thing as total rationality. That's something I've realized lately." - Scarlet Johansson

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 875

PostThu Mar 21, 2013 5:00 pm

justjess wrote:that would have came in handy in the past.. seriously.

That's what we were thinking. But we weren't making the rules then, just enforcing them.
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

justjess

JEZEBEL

5 Stars

• Thanks Received: 999

PostThu Mar 21, 2013 5:02 pm

i know ;)

im not busting ur balls, just saying.. idk how many emails i got from u guys saying there was nothing u could do because it wasnt a clear break of rules. it used to frustrate the hell out of me.
Scratch most feminists and underneath there is a woman who longs to be a sex object. The difference is that is not all she wants to be. ~Betty Rollin

"I don't really aspire to being rational. I'm more attracted to the irrational," she says. "There's no such thing as total rationality. That's something I've realized lately." - Scarlet Johansson

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

PostThu Mar 21, 2013 5:06 pm

Trust me, I know. Always felt bad for how infuriating it must have been.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

Cisco

Accidental Tourist

2 stars

• Thanks Received: 217

PostThu Mar 21, 2013 5:34 pm

Loki is one helluva mod/admin, though. As long as he is around, I trust that mod decisions will be as fair as is humanly possible.

Also, I'm hoping most of us have learned valuable lessons from the forum closure that we will keep handy here on these boards. Trolls gonna troll, but we should have a thicker skin now and a bit more clarity on how to 'forum'.

I bet the mods would just love it if they didn't have to do anything, but this is the interwebz, so...

Good luck to all of us and our new home! Let's have nice things, eh? :thumbup:

Reduc Ab

Ex-Lurker

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 43

PostThu Mar 21, 2013 5:49 pm

One question. What about items of personal creativity? Say a poem, or a song, etc. someone wrote with subject matter relevant to this community. Might the work be posted, or would that violate the rule on promotion? I see only promotion of a site or such as being frowned upon.
Indeed, if you're not careful, you might read the newspaper and fall for an April Fools' joke every day of the year.

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

PostThu Mar 21, 2013 5:52 pm

Reduc Ab wrote:One question. What about items of personal creativity? Say a poem, or a song, etc. someone wrote with subject matter relevant to this community. Might the work be posted, or would that violate the rule on promotion? I see only promotion of a site or such as being frowned upon.

If you have any sort of art you'd like to post you're more than welcome to. If you want to promote your deviantart account, or poetry website, or something like that as well, just ask us ahead of time. That rule is mostly for spammers and the like.

Reduc Ab

Ex-Lurker

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 43

PostThu Mar 21, 2013 5:54 pm

Okay cool. Thanks.
Indeed, if you're not careful, you might read the newspaper and fall for an April Fools' joke every day of the year.

Anarki

2 stars

• Thanks Received: 233

PostThu Mar 21, 2013 6:34 pm

Good job on the updated version of the rules.

Personal responsibility is everything. As a community we are fairly educated and should not need "rules" to act respectively towards one another but do so out of mutual understanding.
This ain't a movie, I'm not a fan or a groupie. And I'm not that type of cat you can afford to miss if you shoot me.

KittenMittens

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 18

PostThu Mar 21, 2013 8:02 pm

I think it should be noted/explained about what "posting copyrighted" material means, Im pretty sure its legal to post a picture of anything copyrighted, and its protected by fair use if you share commentary/criticism of that said copyrighted piece.

What do you mean by posting copyrighted material? Since "download links to pirate sites" are mentioned in a different sentence?
I think this type of forum, which is full of teaching, critique, commentary is pretty much covered on any music videos / trailers / images, copyrightwise.
PreviousNext

Return to Announcements