It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:35 pm

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Long-Term Relationships/Marriage

Discussions and critical analysis of controversial social and cultural issues.
  • Author

Scimitar

Servant of God

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 582

Re: Long-Term Relationships/Marriage

PostSat Jun 14, 2014 11:31 am

engaged, but not married... your post was ontopic uncannily enough :D

I was thinking about the mathematical example someone gave earlier.

If 10 women slept with 10 men each before the age of 24 (example only) then they'd have slept with 100 men... those 100 men may all have been virgins and lost it to these ten women only...

...yet, reconciling this as something mathematically probable is where it gets tricky for me. I tell you why.

1) men boast far more than women about their sexual exploits - either they are lying, exaggerating or telling the truth - how would we know the truth of their claim? We can not.

Women boast far less than men about their sexual exploits - either they are lying, covering a truth, or telling the truth - how would we know the truth of their claim? We can not.

2) statistics - in the west their are more women than men in population. According to Census 2000, 281.4 million people were counted in the United States — 143.4 million of whom were female and 138.1 million male. The former made up 50.9 percent of the population, compared with 51.3 percent in 1990.

Men are in decline in the USA. Briefly, the male-female ratio reversed its downward trend between 1980 and 1990 as male death rates declined faster than female rates and as immigration brought in more men. But the ladies do outnumber the men in the USA and today the men are in decline.

In the UK, the stats are similar to those of the USA.

But the thing we have not considered here is sexual preference - when men are homosexual, that lessens the number of available breeding partners for the women.

The USA has a similar stat to the number of homosexuals in the UK, averaging at about 1.7% of the populus.... add that into the equation and we find that this lessens the number of available procreative sexual partners for the women in these countries.

Factor in the Lesbian communities and you see that figure average out again, as the number of lesbians in the UK and USA are similar to the number of homosexuals.

So back to square one, we consider that 1 woman had 10 sexual partners - does that mean that each of those sexual partners slept with 10 women?

No. They could have all been virgins....

...let's reverse the situation - since men claim and gossip that they sleep with women all the time - making them their conquests... pfft...

a man sleeps with 10 women - but does that mean that the women he slept with all had slept with 10 men? The women could all have been virgins.

I don't know how we can measure such a thing to be really honest. It makes my head swim with the number of contributory factors we have to consider in order to understand exactly how futile a task this really is.

Scimi

I have nothing to do with any recommendations to join any war on any person , race or community. I do not support ISIS nor any other movement, I seek opportunities to unite mankind, I seek to look at common ground and choose to ignore differences. I do not support violence, I condemn it. I have no affiliations with any promoting of violence be it political, racial or religious.

comity

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 117

PostSat Jun 14, 2014 2:05 pm

Kung Fu wrote:Some of you really don't get it do you? The article is only talking about everyone having sex and is painting a general picture with numbers but now let's look at it from a real world point of view. I'm going to type this is as clearly as possible for some of you so you can understand. There's a small percentage of men sleeping with the majority of women. So the so-called called "players", champions, athletes, rich people, and womanizers are sleeping with most of the women.

That would mean that females generally don't rack up a lot of partners. If most men aren't getting laid, you have a low number of males that get spread thin amongst all the females, leaving each female with a very low number of partners.

sarah

3.5 Stars

• Thanks Received: 478

PostSat Jun 14, 2014 2:47 pm

most men aren't getting 'laid' :eek: .. only a small minority :eek: ...in what world is this happening :shock:

Kung Fu

2.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 207

PostSat Jun 14, 2014 3:07 pm

comity wrote:That would mean that females generally don't rack up a lot of partners. If most men aren't getting laid, you have a low number of males that get spread thin amongst all the females, leaving each female with a very low number of partners.

You're really on that cognitive slow time aren't you? Within that small pool of men the women get around with many of those men which is how their numbers rack up to be so much higher than the average male. So the average women is hooking up with around like 12 men within that small pool. This only makes sense because a women can have 10 different guys lined up for sex easily while a guy has to bust his ass off to sleep with less than half that number.

Failboat

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 118

PostSat Jun 14, 2014 5:07 pm

KF - easily gets laid in gym,
Now says guys have to bust ass to get laid.

Ah le contradictions.

Kung Fu

2.5 stars

PostSat Jun 14, 2014 7:57 pm

Failboat wrote:KF - easily gets laid in gym,
Now says guys have to bust ass to get laid.

Ah le contradictions.

Compared to a woman, of course I had to bust my ass off. A woman can open her legs and she'll have a lineup of men within minutes. For the most part men have to put in extensive effort in order to get the so-called "golden ticket ride".

Scimitar

Servant of God

4 stars

PostSat Jun 14, 2014 9:28 pm

now now, what happened to the gentlemen?

this topic does not need to degenerate into a willy waving match.

My post at the top of this page is on topic, maybe someone can address it?

I have nothing to do with any recommendations to join any war on any person , race or community. I do not support ISIS nor any other movement, I seek opportunities to unite mankind, I seek to look at common ground and choose to ignore differences. I do not support violence, I condemn it. I have no affiliations with any promoting of violence be it political, racial or religious.

comity

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 117

PostSat Jun 14, 2014 10:03 pm

Kung Fu wrote:
comity wrote:That would mean that females generally don't rack up a lot of partners. If most men aren't getting laid, you have a low number of males that get spread thin amongst all the females, leaving each female with a very low number of partners.

You're really on that cognitive slow time aren't you? Within that small pool of men the women get around with many of those men which is how their numbers rack up to be so much higher than the average male. So the average women is hooking up with around like 12 men within that small pool. This only makes sense because a women can have 10 different guys lined up for sex easily while a guy has to bust his ass off to sleep with less than half that number.

I think you might be confused about what "average" actually means. I'm talking about average number of partners for the entire heterosexual population. I'm not sure what you're referring to. Average looks maybe? :Confused: The average number of partners for males and for females has to be the same. It's not up for argument, it's a simple mathematical fact.

Scimitar

Servant of God

4 stars

PostSat Jun 14, 2014 11:39 pm

Yep, it is.

Scimi

Kung Fu

2.5 stars

PostSat Jun 14, 2014 11:45 pm

comity wrote:I think you might be confused about what "average" actually means. I'm talking about average number of partners for the entire heterosexual population. I'm not sure what you're referring to. Average looks maybe? :Confused: The average number of partners for males and for females has to be the same. It's not up for argument, it's a simple mathematical fact.

No it doesn't. It's a simple concept but you seem not to understand either because you're trolling or just truly confused.

PreviousNext

Return to Social and Cultural Engineering