It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:30 pm


Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Long-Term Relationships/Marriage

Discussions and critical analysis of controversial social and cultural issues.
  • Author
  • Message
Offline

Kung Fu

Registered User

2.5 stars

  • Posts: 882
  • Joined: 28 February 2013
  • Thanks Received: 207

Re: Long-Term Relationships/Marriage

PostSat Jun 14, 2014 11:48 pm

Scimitar wrote:now now, what happened to the gentlemen?

this topic does not need to degenerate into a willy waving match.

My post at the top of this page is on topic, maybe someone can address it?


I'm going to have to agree with you as I did in my earlier post that you can't apply simple mathematical averages in the real world when it comes to the social behaviour of humans.
Offline
User avatar

Scimitar

Servant of God

Registered User

4 stars

  • Posts: 2106
  • Joined: 01 March 2013
  • Location: Unplugged.
  • Gender: Male
  • Thanks Received: 582

Re: Long-Term Relationships/Marriage

PostSat Jun 14, 2014 11:55 pm

well, the point i was trying to make was that - regional comparisons are futility multiplied.

COmity's example however - I also agree with because its not regional comparison, its just an exercise in understanding mathematical equation:

Comity wrote: I'm talking about average number of partners for the entire heterosexual population. The average number of partners for males and for females has to be the same. It's not up for argument, it's a simple mathematical fact.

Meaning = equal amount of partners for each.

Makes sense bro

Scimi
Image


I have nothing to do with any recommendations to join any war on any person , race or community. I do not support ISIS nor any other movement, I seek opportunities to unite mankind, I seek to look at common ground and choose to ignore differences. I do not support violence, I condemn it. I have no affiliations with any promoting of violence be it political, racial or religious.
Offline

Kung Fu

Registered User

2.5 stars

  • Posts: 882
  • Joined: 28 February 2013
  • Thanks Received: 207

Re: Long-Term Relationships/Marriage

PostSun Jun 15, 2014 12:22 am

Scimitar wrote:well, the point i was trying to make was that - regional comparisons are futility multiplied.

COmity's example however - I also agree with because its not regional comparison, its just an exercise in understanding mathematical equation:

Comity wrote: I'm talking about average number of partners for the entire heterosexual population. The average number of partners for males and for females has to be the same. It's not up for argument, it's a simple mathematical fact.

Meaning = equal amount of partners for each.

Makes sense bro

Scimi


That's only however if you agree that every male is having sex :grin:
Offline

B.Moshay

Revolutionary

Registered User

3 stars

  • Posts: 1068
  • Joined: 28 February 2013
  • Thanks Received: 403

Re: Long-Term Relationships/Marriage

PostSun Jun 15, 2014 1:36 am

Everyone has a chance to heal themselves from who they once were. It's a fact that many girls who were sexually abused tend to be promiscuous so who's to say these women don't deserve to one day find someone to share love with.

Also, what's your definition of promiscuous? Someone who has sex before marriage or someone who recklessly sleeps around? Everyone has a past and I don't think the number of partners a person has been with has anything to do with how a relationship will go. What would you be afraid of? That she could be unfaithful? Or is it just pride?

Something to remember about females who are virgins at the time of marriage; One day they're going to wonder if they should have dated more, one day they will wonder what sex would be like with a different man, one day they will fantasize about another man, and one day they will have an attraction to another man. If things aren't going right in the home whether she was a virgin or not that women could commit adultery. Many times when we set the bar so high for someone else we end up failing them and ourselves.. Just something to think about.
Last edited by B.Moshay on Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's a bullshit three ring circus sideshow of freaks
Image
http://instagram.com/bonafide_reality
Offline
User avatar

comity

Member

Registered User

1.5 stars

  • Posts: 231
  • Joined: 21 March 2013
  • Gender: Male
  • Thanks Received: 117

Re: Long-Term Relationships/Marriage

PostSun Jun 15, 2014 2:03 am

Kung Fu wrote:
Scimitar wrote:well, the point i was trying to make was that - regional comparisons are futility multiplied.

COmity's example however - I also agree with because its not regional comparison, its just an exercise in understanding mathematical equation:

Comity wrote: I'm talking about average number of partners for the entire heterosexual population. The average number of partners for males and for females has to be the same. It's not up for argument, it's a simple mathematical fact.

Meaning = equal amount of partners for each.

Makes sense bro

Scimi


That's only however if you agree that every male is having sex :grin:


No, that has nothing to do with it whatsoever. I understand that you're saying that the numbers are more evenly distributed for females, and more lop-sided for the males- but the averages can never be anything but equal. It takes two to tango. For every new partner added to the total for the female population, another one gets added to the male column too- the totals are always equal, therefore the averages are too. Even if there were only one man having sex with all the women, it still averages out.

I'm not sure why I bother, this should be obvious to anyone. :lol:
Offline
User avatar

comity

Member

Registered User

1.5 stars

  • Posts: 231
  • Joined: 21 March 2013
  • Gender: Male
  • Thanks Received: 117

Re: Long-Term Relationships/Marriage

PostSun Jun 15, 2014 2:18 am

Kung Fu wrote:
I'm going to have to agree with you as I did in my earlier post that you can't apply simple mathematical averages in the real world when it comes to the social behaviour of humans.


Right, instead you have to just make up your own version of mathematical averages in your head. :P

Anyway, that's not the issue. The issue is that it's senseless to say that the average for females can be greater than the average for males.

EDIT:

Actually I have to correct myself. Apparently the worldwide ratio is 101 males to 100 females. That would mean that if the average number of partners for males is 4, for example.. then the average number for females would be 4.04. Wow! Huge difference. Four one-hundredths of a partner! :lol:

If it's 5, then you'd have 5 and 5.05 etc etc
Offline

Failboat

Member

Registered User

1.5 stars

  • Posts: 235
  • Joined: 03 March 2013
  • Gender: Female
  • Thanks Received: 118

Re: Long-Term Relationships/Marriage

PostSun Jun 15, 2014 3:43 am

Kung Fu wrote:With the advance of feminism, media, and popular culture it has made it look like sleeping with several partners in the span of a month is the cool thing to do or in feminisms case, stick it to the man.

Now my question is would you men ever commit yourself to marriage or a long term relationship with the hopes of you marrying said woman if you found out that she's been with 10 or more men by the time she was 24?

I want truthful answers please. I find a lot people say a lot of things just to fit in or impress a certain group of people.



Feminism doesn't equal promiscuity?

/thread.
Offline

hawkandraven

Registered User

0 stars

  • Posts: 2
  • Joined: 05 January 2014
  • Thanks Received: 0

Re: Long-Term Relationships/Marriage

PostSun Jun 15, 2014 6:45 pm

It's not the number, or years, but the mileage.
Using Tapatalk
Offline
User avatar

Scimitar

Servant of God

Registered User

4 stars

  • Posts: 2106
  • Joined: 01 March 2013
  • Location: Unplugged.
  • Gender: Male
  • Thanks Received: 582

Re: Long-Term Relationships/Marriage

PostThu Jun 19, 2014 5:55 pm

Just came across this video.

phpBB [video]


MFW... :D awesome stuff! lol

Scimi
Image


I have nothing to do with any recommendations to join any war on any person , race or community. I do not support ISIS nor any other movement, I seek opportunities to unite mankind, I seek to look at common ground and choose to ignore differences. I do not support violence, I condemn it. I have no affiliations with any promoting of violence be it political, racial or religious.
Offline
User avatar

aphrodite

Member

Registered User

1 star

  • Posts: 136
  • Joined: 01 October 2013
  • Gender: Female
  • Thanks Received: 56

Re: Long-Term Relationships/Marriage

PostFri Jun 20, 2014 3:39 pm

Scimitar wrote:Just came across this video.

phpBB [video]


MFW... :D awesome stuff! lol

Scimi


He: "I want to have some pleasure"
She: "This is my faith"

:crazy: I'm not sure about this being awesome stuff, Maybe if she was 32 and has lived some.
"Minds are like parachutes...they only function when they are open." Thomas Dewar
PreviousNext

Return to Social and Cultural Engineering

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron