It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:17 pm

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Is This For Real?

Discussions and critical analysis of controversial social and cultural issues.
  • Author

Kung Fu

2.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 207

Is This For Real?

PostTue Jul 15, 2014 3:29 pm

http://www.returnofkings.com/39584/meet ... ed-of-rape

This story has been going around lately and I thought it was a joke but found out it's actually real. Words cannot describe how ridiculous this is.

Anyways the article is about a man who apologizes to a woman who falsely accused him of rape :clap:

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 875

Re: Is This For Real?

PostTue Jul 15, 2014 4:15 pm

That website is one of the douchiest things I've seen lately, but that aside, it is obviously messed up of the woman to do such a thing, so hopefully she will retract her statement fully. Who really knows what her motivation for this was, one can only assume pettiness over being "dumped" by him, and while it's a very serious thing to claim I don't see any reason he has to ruin her life in return. I get that it's a "tit for tat" thing, she could have potentially ruined his life with her claim so he should ruin hers with lawsuits. But by this method he used (honesty and sympathy) he has already assured everyone of his own innocence and some other person wasn't needlessly crushed for making a bad decision. I think most people call it "being the bigger man" or "taking the high road."

Oh, and super classy of the author to keep pointing out that the guy is overweight.
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

Kung Fu

2.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 207

PostTue Jul 15, 2014 4:29 pm

I'm not a fan of the website either it was just the first link on my search feed.

If I seen this guy in real life, I would make fun of him as well. Who apologizes to the person who could have potentially ruined your life? This guy is one of the reasons why North America is so fucked up when it comes to the relationships between men and women.

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 875

PostTue Jul 15, 2014 4:40 pm

I don't necessarily think the apology was necessary either, but who are we to decide how another person should react to a situation? We also don't know exactly what went down in that dorm room so long ago, so even if there really was no sex had, perhaps he is remembering something else that may have happened that could have been misconstrued and so he wanted to apologize to her for that if that was what she was referring to just to be safe. I mean there is a good chance she was just making it up to hurt him out of spite of course, but who knows, maybe she truly did feel he crossed some boundary or sexually assaulted her in some way. We just can't know, so any apologies either of them feel are necessary are interpersonal between them and only them because they are the only people who truly know what went on between them.
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

soulfire

1 star

• Thanks Received: 37

PostTue Jul 15, 2014 6:01 pm

KF, I don't think you should read too much of this rooshv guy's stuff. I've heard before he may have some zionist affiliation. Remember that one of their goals is division between the sexes. Loki is right, we do not know what happened between them. You can't fight fire with fire. I think what he is doing is commendable, except for supporting feminism. But girls invest different things in relationships than boys of the same age. I can easily see how she would've been traumatized by his behaviour. And trauma that goes untreated can produced many psychotic symptoms, such as denial, projection, etc. When girls do things like that, they are giving a piece of themselves to the male, in return for attention, affection, admiration. They think sexuality is pleasing to the male. Women's very nature is to give. There is too much ignorance of humans' biological and psychological natures (of the respective sexes) and ignorance is the greatest root of all problems.

justjess

JEZEBEL

5 Stars

• Thanks Received: 999

PostTue Jul 15, 2014 10:55 pm

honestly.. u have her saying he did it, him saying he didnt and no way at all to KNOW who is being truthful and therefore no way to label it a "false claim" or a true claim. she just made the accusation a couple days ago, its not like anyone has investigated it or spoke to her further than one line she posted on fb. you are getting ahead of yourself.

if it is a false claim, then you know what? good for him for taking the high road. it seems it is way past the statue of limitations so no chance hed be jailed, thats probably the best thing he couldve done for PR purposes.
Scratch most feminists and underneath there is a woman who longs to be a sex object. The difference is that is not all she wants to be. ~Betty Rollin

"I don't really aspire to being rational. I'm more attracted to the irrational," she says. "There's no such thing as total rationality. That's something I've realized lately." - Scarlet Johansson

Return to Social and Cultural Engineering