It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 7:30 am

Announcement: The Vigilant Forums have been reopened! Please see here for further information.

Transgender Operations!

Discussions and critical analysis of controversial social and cultural issues.
  • Author

Kung Fu

2.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 207

Transgender Operations!

PostFri Oct 24, 2014 2:34 pm

http://www.timescolonist.com/news/local ... n-1.105676

This is why I advocate that some people should just be given lethal injections.

The article talks about how British Columbia, a province within Canada pays for operations of women wanting to become men.

Thoughts?

Alice-D

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 3

Re: Transgender Operations!

PostFri Oct 24, 2014 2:40 pm

What a shocking thing to say, do you even know anything about gender dysphoria?
Go away and do your research.

Kung Fu

2.5 stars

PostFri Oct 24, 2014 2:42 pm

Alice-D wrote:What a shocking thing to say, do you even know anything about gender dysphoria?
Go away and do your research.

LOL!

Alice-D

0 stars

PostFri Oct 24, 2014 3:12 pm

I guess you must be the forum Troll

comity

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 117

PostFri Oct 24, 2014 3:21 pm

Kung Fu wrote:This is why I advocate that some people should just be given lethal injections.

so edgy. so controversial. :yawn:

Kung Fu

2.5 stars

PostFri Oct 24, 2014 3:39 pm

Alice-D wrote:I guess you must be the forum Troll

You're the one who thinks it's okay for tax payers to be paying for nonsense but yet, I'm the forum troll. Good one, TROLL :)

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 828

PostFri Oct 24, 2014 3:49 pm

The mdeical community, especially the mental health side of it, has been doing more and more research into gender identity and the mental issues that go along with that, and it's all way over my head. Ultimately though, I think if a person is diagnosed with a disorder due to gender identity, then there isn't really anythign wrong with tax payer money going towards that in a country where taxes pay for other medical and mental health issues.

If you are just a person who wants to be a different gender but aren't affected by any recognizable or diagnosable disorders that are negatively impacting your life, then I think you should be paying for that procedure yourself. Now what exactly the difference between someone who just wants to be another gender and someone who mentally can't handle being a certain gender I don't know and I have no idea if there even is a real difference. it's not until recently that this gender identity crisis got much attention so I'm not sure exactly how much we know and how accurate it is.

It's a touchy subject to say the least.
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

Alice-D

0 stars

PostFri Oct 24, 2014 3:59 pm

Kung Fu wrote:
Alice-D wrote:I guess you must be the forum Troll

You're the one who thinks it's okay for tax payers to be paying for nonsense but yet, I'm the forum troll. Good one, TROLL :)

OK, clever fvck..let's go back to basics shall we (just to re educate your simple mind)..
Do you understand what dysphoria is?

If you don't, is it OK to give YOU a lethal injection because you're a little retarded?
Last edited by Alice-D on Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 828

PostFri Oct 24, 2014 4:09 pm

PS. Nobody that simply has some sort of chemical imbalance or mental disorder should be simply put down like a sick or rabid animal. That's a pretty messed up line of thinking. Especially if they aren't hurting anyone.
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

Alice-D

0 stars

PostFri Oct 24, 2014 4:21 pm

Loki wrote:PS. Nobody that simply has some sort of chemical imbalance or mental disorder should be simply put down like a sick or rabid animal. That's a pretty messed up line of thinking. Especially if they aren't hurting anyone.

Respect Sir :thumbup:
Next

Return to Social and Cultural Engineering