It is currently Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:39 am

Announcement: The Vigilant Forums have been reopened! Please see here for further information.

Transgender Operations!

Discussions and critical analysis of controversial social and cultural issues.
  • Author

Kung Fu

2.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 184

Re: Transgender Operations!

PostFri Oct 24, 2014 4:43 pm

Alice-D wrote:
OK, clever fvck..let's go back to basics shall we (just to re educate your simple mind)..
Do you understand what dysphoria is?

If you don't, is it OK to give YOU a lethal injection because you're a little retarded?

Loki, are you going to do anything here or can, I respond how I see fit?

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 688

PostFri Oct 24, 2014 4:49 pm

Oh yeah, don't curse at each other. It's not nice.
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

Kung Fu

2.5 stars

PostFri Oct 24, 2014 4:55 pm

Alice-D wrote:
OK, clever fvck..let's go back to basics shall we (just to re educate your simple mind)..

If you don't, is it OK to give YOU a lethal injection because you're a little retarded?

What is that?

So if you were born with a penis, had testosterone pumping through you, and were a male taxpayers should be paying for your operation, you know just because you feel like you're a woman trapped in a man's body?

Why don't these people get real mental help, because clearly they're mentally not all there.

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

PostFri Oct 24, 2014 4:59 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_dysphoria

Gender identity disorder (GID) or gender dysphoria is the formal diagnosis used by psychologists and physicians to describe people who experience significant dysphoria (discontent) with the sex they were assigned at birth and/or the gender roles associated with that sex. Evidence suggests that people who identify with a gender different from the one they were assigned at birth may do so not just due to psychological or behavioral causes, but also biological ones related to their genetics, the makeup of their brains, or prenatal exposure to hormones.[1]

Gender identity disorder is classified as a medical disorder by the ICD-10 CM[6] and DSM-5 (called gender dysphoria).[7] Many transgender people and researchers support declassification of GID because they say the diagnosis pathologizes gender variance, reinforces the binary model of gender,[8] and can result in stigmatization of transgender individuals.[7] The official classification of gender dysphoria as a disorder in the DSM-5 may help resolve some of these issues, because the term "gender dysphoria" applies only to the discontent experienced by some persons resulting from gender identity issues.[7]

The current medical approach to treatment for persons diagnosed with gender identity disorder is to support the individual in physically modifying the body to better match the psychological gender identity.[9] This approach is based on the concept that their experience is based in a medical problem correctable by various forms of medical intervention.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

PostFri Oct 24, 2014 5:02 pm

Kung Fu wrote:
Alice-D wrote:

What is that?

So if you were born with a penis, had testosterone pumping through you, and were a male taxpayers should be paying for your operation, you know just because you feel like you're a woman trapped in a man's body?

Why don't these people get real mental help, because clearly they're mentally not all there.

It may not be cheaper to have the taxpayers pay for a person's consistent and lifelong trips to a psychologist or psychiatrist because of this mental disorder formed most likely at birth that they have to deal with.

Kung Fu

2.5 stars

PostFri Oct 24, 2014 5:13 pm

Loki wrote:
It may not be cheaper to have the taxpayers pay for a person's consistent and lifelong trips to a psychologist or psychiatrist because of this mental disorder formed most likely at birth that they have to deal with.

So far there is no scientific data that confirms there's something wrong with their brain. As long as their body is functioning perfectly fine, can think well enough to function in their life and jobs then they should honestly just put a sock in it.

Just because they think they're in the wrong body doesn't make it true.

Back In Anger

Shroomologist / Herb Dr.

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 2

PostFri Oct 24, 2014 5:26 pm

Kung Fu wrote:
Alice-D wrote:

Loki, are you going to do anything here or can, I respond how I see fit?

Ey m8, stop fuckin' baiting, offering up a retarded opinion and then squealing to a moderator once someone calls you out on your obnoxious 'beliefs' (hard to use that word, I can't believe anyone could be so narrow minded).

People should be allowed to do whatever they feel, nah mean?

pic related:

Last edited by Back In Anger on Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

PostFri Oct 24, 2014 5:26 pm

Kung Fu wrote:
Loki wrote:

So far there is no scientific data that confirms there's something wrong with their brain. As long as their body is functioning perfectly fine, can think well enough to function in their life and jobs then they should honestly just put a sock in it.

Just because they think they're in the wrong body doesn't make it true.

I don't personally understand it, but if you experienced life the way they do you might feel differently. I've noticed you have very little empathy towards others, which is likely why we disagree on the majority of these social topics. You seem unable to or unwilling to put yourself in their shoes so you don't feel sorry for them in the slightest.

As I posted before though, gender dysmorphia is an accepted affliction. Feel free to post studies or research that have shown that there is no actual scienctific data showing there is something wrong with these people's brains/chemical makeup/etc. Perhaps there is none, I don't really know, and like I said I don't understand the whole gender identity thing very well because I've never experienced it. I can imagine it is probably fairly miserable though.

Now if it was proved that all people wanting to switch genders despite not having this disorder were claiming to have the disorder in order to have taxpayers pay for it then that would certainly be an issue, but so far I don't think that's the case unless I'm mistaken.

Kung Fu

2.5 stars

PostFri Oct 24, 2014 5:30 pm

Back In Anger wrote:
Ey m8, stop fuckin' baiting, offering up a retarded opinion and then squealing to a moderator once someone calls you out on your obnoxious 'beliefs' (hard to use that word, I can't believe anyone could be so narrow minded).

People should be allowed to do whatever they feel, nah mean?

pic related:

Baiting? You must have me confused with someone else.

Of course people can do what they want but when they want to, why should I have to pay for it?

I have a better idea since you're advocating people do what they want, why don't you pay for their operations and psych visits, that way we both can be happy?

Kung Fu

2.5 stars

PostFri Oct 24, 2014 5:35 pm

Loki wrote:
I don't personally understand it, but if you experienced life the way they do you might feel differently. I've noticed you have very little empathy towards others, which is likely why we disagree on the majority of these social topics. You seem unable to or unwilling to put yourself in their shoes so you don't feel sorry for them in the slightest.

As I posted before though, gender dysmorphia is an accepted affliction. Feel free to post studies or research that have shown that there is no actual scienctific data showing there is something wrong with these people's brains/chemical makeup/etc. Perhaps there is none, I don't really know, and like I said I don't understand the whole gender identity thing very well because I've never experienced it. I can imagine it is probably fairly miserable though.

Now if it was proved that all people wanting to switch genders despite not having this disorder were claiming to have the disorder in order to have taxpayers pay for it then that would certainly be an issue, but so far I don't think that's the case unless I'm mistaken.

I have little empathy? I guess you've missed all the threads, I've made on America bombing the shit out of Eastern nations, or Jews killing off and starving off Palestinians, which in the whole grand scheme of everything there have been over a million deaths. You only see what you want to see my friend.

Psychology is not a real science. It's a pseudoscience. Now if you can show me how these chemicals in the brain that can be quantifiable measured and how it relates to transgenders wanting to become something completely else then you might have a case.
PreviousNext

Return to Social and Cultural Engineering