It is currently Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:59 am

Announcement: The Vigilant Forums have been reopened! Please see here for further information.

Why Men Don't Want to Marry!

Discussions and critical analysis of controversial social and cultural issues.
  • Author

Kung Fu

2.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 184

Why Men Don't Want to Marry!

PostFri Nov 14, 2014 3:41 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlvMAS_20K4

The video discusses the various reasons why men today don't want to marry. Along the way, Karen also discusses roles, and other various terms and institutions that have led us down a path where women are now bitter going into their 30s and where men don't want to marry or have children.

I've talked about some of this stuff in the past in a more blunt fashion because that's my style but, Karen takes it a step further with a lot more detail.

Enjoy folks!

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 685

Re: Why Men Don't Want to Marry!

PostFri Nov 14, 2014 3:55 pm

Can't really watch the video, but just my two cents, for what it's worth: I'm fine with potentially getting married and having kids if that's what my future significant other wants, but typically I don't see much point in marriage outside of the tax benefits. But if I was to do it for just the tax benefits I'd just find a single friend sho also has no interest in getting married and marry them. Though that might be illegal...

Anyway, I don't know what reasons Karen gives since I can't watch the video but my reasons have nothing to do with anyone else and mostly to do with my belief that the concept of marriage is sort of silly because people change, and while I think it's probably ideal for most, and even for myself, to find one person and be with them the rest of your life, the chances of that working out seem slim.

Honestly I'd be more interested in having children than getting married, though those seem like a way bigger burden, but probably with a much bigger potential for reward. You can fall out of love with your partner, but in most cases a love between parent and child last a lifetime. To be fair, I don't think I'd be interested in having any children until I felt I was with a woman I could spend the rest of my life with, or at least 18 years, which might as well be the rest of your life, so at that point you may as well get married, but I just don't see it as necessary.
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

Kung Fu

2.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 184

PostFri Nov 14, 2014 4:04 pm

Loki wrote:To be fair, I don't think I'd be interested in having any children until I felt I was with a woman I could spend the rest of my life with, or at least 18 years, which might as well be the rest of your life, so at that point you may as well get married, but I just don't see it as necessary.

You just answered one of the most important questions of our time in a sense :Thumbup:

The majority of people usually don't have kids until they're married and if people aren't marrying then they're most likely not going to be having kids. This is why the population within Europe and North America somewhat are plummeting for the natives of those nations at least.

Also a lot of women want to get married before having kids so finding a partner that will stay with you for the rest of your life but not wanting to marry is like finding a needle in a haystack.

leconnaisseur

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 63

PostFri Nov 14, 2014 6:03 pm

Nah the real hard one to find are those who don't want kids and don't want to marry either. Those are keepers...for me at least.

The quote of the week for Marriage:

The number of marriage would plummet if women had the chance to have a second prom at 30.

Made me laugh. Said by a women.

Taragaia

Awake

1 star

• Thanks Received: 121

PostTue Jan 03, 2017 5:23 am

leconnaisseur wrote:Nah the real hard one to find are those who don't want kids and don't want to marry either. Those are keepers...for me at least.

I don't want children, I don't want to marry, but sadly for you and the others out there I don't want a partner either.

I am perfectly content where I am and with who I am, I need no one to complete me. I have chosen a life abstaining from sexuality and it suits me perfectly fine.

A man would have to be very special for me to be interested, he would have to be a free spirit and not depended on me in any way like I am not depended on him. So far I have not met anyone who can accept that kind of freedom in a relationship.
The only way out is in

Return to Social and Cultural Engineering