It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:00 pm

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

MGTOW: Stop falling in love cause love doesn't exist

Discussions and critical analysis of controversial social and cultural issues.
  • Author

Thy Unveiling

Creeper's Creeper

1 star

• Thanks Received: 123

Re: MGTOW: Stop falling in love cause love doesn't exist

PostSun Jan 22, 2017 8:47 am

Being as I'm not in their (my friends) relationship, I can't say for certain, but they do seem happy and in love with each other. Every couple has their ups and downs, but even during the downs they still have each others backs. They're best friends, which I think is important in a long-lasting relationship. I can't imagine them with anyone else.

Besides, I could be reading a bad week as a lack of self-love. Don't most of us have moments where we don't want to be around ourselves? On a great day, I think I'm effing awesome. On a bad day, I wish I could walk away from myself or say goodbye to this planet. Sometimes those days stretch into a week or more.

Sometimes, too, the love someone has for you (in the general sense) can help you learn to love yourself more. Someone sees the good in you, or has faith in you and gives you the strength to see or do things you never thought you would. How could you not love a person who loves you so much? Doesn't have to be romantic love. The love we have for friends and family is different than our love for food or comfy beds. But we still love them.
"It's this house that's gone mad! I'm as sane as can be!" ~ICP; Madhouse

Creeper

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 282

PostSun Mar 26, 2017 7:16 pm

I keep hearing things about MGTOW (another extreme, insane acronym from the land of the thieves and home of the slaves :roll: ).

While it does seem like a bunch of misogynists, I can't help but think that they may be onto something....

Warning: Rant initiated.

Monks have the right idea, it takes a lot of effort to remove yourself from our instinctive, biochemistry, but less hassles, less worries, no union forcing another soul into the horrors ​of existence. Either way, this aspect of life is guaranteed insanity if you dwell too much upon it and man o man do we love to dwell upon it. Life is shit no matter if you are alone or together and we are all either snakes with tits or snakes with dicks at the end of the day. I swear we were all put on this earth to torment each other, you can't even trust yourself or those you love. I never want to have kids, females (including my own mother who says I'm selfish because she wants grandkids one day, :lol: ) and religious folk disagree with my stance but I still think creating life and forcing another soul into existence is one of the most evil, cruel and selfish things that can ever be done, maybe especially in this day and age, but mainly because life itself is cruel and unfair. It always has been and always will be. Sorry about the rant and any offence it causes. Some of this could probably go in that laughable "gender roles" thread. I understand that there may be some confusion over what I'm saying here, I know I can be an idiot who is somewhat emotionally retarded and this is more of a rant than anything else, so take it with a pinch of salt. These words are better than my own and it seems like a kind of nice way to end... I didn't have anything nice to say, so I probably shouldn't have said anything really...

Ecclesiastes 4:1-6
Again I looked and saw all the oppression that was taking place under the sun:

I saw the tears of the oppressed—
and they have no comforter;
power was on the side of their oppressors—
and they have no comforter.
And I declared that the dead,
who had already died,
are happier than the living,
who are still alive.
But better than both
is the one who has never been born,
who has not seen the evil
that is done under the sun.
And I saw that all toil and all achievement spring from one person’s envy of another. This too is meaningless, a chasing after the wind.

Fools fold their hands
and ruin themselves.
Better one handful with tranquillity
than two handfuls with toil
and chasing after the wind.
A fool thinks himself to be wise,
a wise man knows himself to be a fool.

Everything is meaningless, a chasing after the wind.

Tiny Leaf

Topsy Turvy

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 21

PostMon Mar 27, 2017 11:19 am

Creeper wrote: Life is shit no matter if you are alone or together and we are all either snakes with tits or snakes with dicks at the end of the day. I swear we were all put on this earth to torment each other

That was a nice read lol I hope you feel somewhat better now that your words are out there for us all to ponder upon.
The best outlook is to expect to receive absolutely nothing from this world. Life of expectations is pure torment.
:Yay:

Creeper

1.5 stars

PostMon Mar 27, 2017 4:11 pm

Tiny Leaf wrote:
Creeper wrote: Life is shit no matter if you are alone or together and we are all either snakes with tits or snakes with dicks at the end of the day. I swear we were all put on this earth to torment each other

That was a nice read lol I hope you feel somewhat better now that your words are out there for us all to ponder upon.

I'm glad you enjoyed reading it, sometimes it is good to vent. I doubt there is much, if any, good information in there, but at least it might be good for a laugh.

The best outlook is to expect to receive absolutely nothing from this world.

Definitely.

Life of expectations is pure torment.
:Yay:

You need to tell that to my mother... :lol:

She is probably terribly disappointed with how my life turned out, but I honestly couldn't care less anymore.

I'm not going to go through life always expecting the worst, but I'm past all the fairytale crap now as well.

It is what it is.

Tiny Leaf

Topsy Turvy

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 21

PostMon Mar 27, 2017 4:35 pm

It was nice to read - it's nice when you realise you're not the only person losing their mind lol
Your mums reaction is completely 100% normal, she sounds grand :D ! Expectations and disappointments, we're our own worst enemies for sure. Ride the tide and maybe you might find yourself pleasantly surprised one day :)

Karlysymon

1.5 stars

PostMon Mar 27, 2017 9:20 pm

Creeper, iam not gonna lie. I did burst out laughing while reading your rant. I guess i needed that before diving into my bed last night. Yes, you are being selfish to your mother and other females. Families have incredibly shrunk over the years and she DESERVES a couple of grandkids, hahaha. Unfortunately for her, i think its too late to have kids. This world is just not conducive for kids anymore. Looking around in places like Venezuela, [where kids are abandoned by the parents or given up to the state and some prostituting themselves as the country is in a death spiral] it doesn't help the situation. If the dam breaks, most kids won't survive the collapse. Although you forgot to quote Eccl 9:9 for us.
Thy Unveiling wrote:Indeed. You can't force a
love connection that is not
there, and The One True
Love that many of us grew
up dreaming of is just that:
one and true. It could take a lifetime to find, or you could luck out and know each other from a young age. It's different for everyone.

Yes, you are right. There are people who genuinely feel and act like ,literally, a one half of them was carved out and locked up in/with someone else out there that they've never met. And they can never be with anyone else except that person who 'holds' that other half of theirs. Their soul longs to one day be re-united with their other half (and the person who 'carries it around'). Their soul is always on one long, difficult, exhausting, journey home. Am i making any sense? Probably not. Thankfully Savage Garden says it better than i can with 'I knew i loved you before i met you'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjnmICxvoVY

Songs like these are the reason the world should have stayed in the 90s!

Creeper

1.5 stars

PostMon Mar 27, 2017 9:46 pm

phpBB [video]

Karlysymon

1.5 stars

PostMon Mar 27, 2017 10:03 pm

Creeper wrote:
phpBB [video]

you really had to do this. I LOVE Fleetwood Mac. Although i love the Wilson Phillips cover of the song aswell.
Previous

Return to Social and Cultural Engineering