It is currently Mon May 27, 2019 11:03 am

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Gender roles

Discussions and critical analysis of controversial social and cultural issues.
  • Author

Taragaia

Awake

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 273

Re: Gender roles

PostTue Mar 21, 2017 6:03 pm

Thy Unveiling wrote:I'm fine with individuals; I am not okay with the agenda.
I'm all for letting people be themselves; but there's acceptance then there's brainwashing. This current agenda is going too far.

What's this agenda you're talking about?

I personally never see anything that says ''become trans now!'' but it might be me.
The only way out is in

Rainerann

1 star

• Thanks Received: 103

PostTue Mar 21, 2017 10:41 pm

Thy Unveiling wrote:I'm fine with individuals; I am not okay with the agenda. Trans folk were able to figure themselves out long before the agenda. A lot of the "older" (closer to 30 and up) trans community hate all the attention being lavished on them since Bruce/Caitlin Jender! The younger crowd doesn't seem to see the downsides. Similar to the rest of the LGBT community; the "older" ones are like "Ytf do we need a gay Power Ranger? There was never a gay Power Ranger! And why is LeFou/The Fool suddenly such a flamer?" The younger crowd claps their hands at being represented and think the older crowd is overreacting. (My mtf roommate often shares with me what's going on in her various groups, so I get a semi-firsthand look at this.)

I don't think there's any good to come from having girly boys like the ones Karly shared promoting girly products. This is clearly part of the agenda to confuse people. Call me whatever you want, but I couldn't take a guy like that seriously. Are they trans? If so, then effing be trans and live as a woman, otherwise stop wearing more makeup than I do and take off your "man dress!" If they're not wanting to live as a woman, then they should stop painting themselves up as one. It doesn't make any sense to me; aside from these girly boy models are under mind control and this isn't their decision. They're being used to push a gender confusion agenda.

I don't see why people have such an issue with people like me who feel that certain things are girly and certain things are boyish. I didn't stop my son from playing with a Disney Princess kitchenette when he was little. He loved pretending to cook! My daughter is kinda getting into dinosaurs and dragons; something that was considered "for boys" when I was a kid. But he's still a boyish boy and she's very much a girly girl and I'm very happy about it! I don't force it on them, but I do love having a little princess who appreciates pretty things after so many years of "boy stuff" with her brother. What's so wrong with that? Nothing!

It's these ill-informed SJW's forcing bs on us like we're wrong for saying things like "I have a boy and a girl" because they feel we should let the kids choose their own gender; they're the ones creating an issue! Kids have a hard enough time choosing between chicken nuggets or a cheeseburger, they're not equipped to decide "I'm a girl with a penis!" It's ridiculous! Genuine trans kids wouldn't even be thinking about this stuff too much past "I wish I was a girl so I could wear a pretty dress to school!" or looking up to some strong female character on a show.

I'm all for letting people be themselves; but there's acceptance then there's brainwashing. This current agenda is going too far.

I agree with everything you are saying. Most of the time, I think people who are persuaded by these things don't have kids because they never seem to realize children don't see things the way adults do. I have a boy and a girl too that are under two years apart, so we have always had to blend activities. My son never noticed the difference if there were dolls around, he was just playing with his sister because he was just a sweet little boy and vice versa.

Currently, my daughter is anti-everything pink as well. You know whatever, she is just a little girl. She likes everything to be a turquoise blue. Her room is all blue. She even tells me that it is sexist to think that girls should like pink. She is just a little girl. These are just simple things to them that are learning independently. These aren't complex adult opinions that are intended to make life-altering choices.

Although, sometimes I do feel pressure from a distance to include these choices into my children's lives. This bothers me. This is only from a distance though, no one has ever directly made me feel this way. Just when the news praises letting children do things like change gender that I feel a distant threat as more and more people might become influenced to think that I should introduce choices like this to my children as their parent, which I think is a load of crap. I don't try to control my children, but I am not going to do something like this ever.

KoncreteMind

1 star

• Thanks Received: 85

PostWed Mar 22, 2017 3:37 am

Taragaia wrote:

I personally never see anything that says ''become trans now!'' but it might be me.

How about giving a born man (Bruce Jenner) woman of the year? The elite did that because..... ??

Taragaia

Awake

1.5 stars

PostWed Mar 22, 2017 6:12 am

KoncreteMind wrote:
Taragaia wrote:

How about giving a born man (Bruce Jenner) woman of the year? The elite did that because..... ??

How does that tell ME to become trans?

It tells me the elite like her/him. I don't care.
The only way out is in

Karlysymon

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 282

PostWed Mar 22, 2017 12:05 pm

Taragaia wrote:
Karlysymon wrote:Iam pretty conservative but it disturbs me when conservative and ultra conservative guys endlessly claim that women aren't supposed to work. It is ridiculous and actually a statement made out of ignorance. They claim it is biblically supported and all that jazz. First of all, God ordained work to occupy the mind. Women have always held 'employed' alongside their husbands in family farms or the local lord's farm.

Yes I did read parts of the Bible and recall Proverbs 31 saying that a woman's light should not fade during the night and her hand should never be still/ie she should always be working for the good of the family or otherwise. So I don't get that attitude either even when I try to put myself in their shoes.

Karlysymon wrote:If the trend continues, what will be the implications for males in say 50yrs from now, since their identity is tied to 'breadwinning'?

Is it? By whom was that ordained?

I think a guy responding to this would be the best.

Taragaia wrote:How does that tell ME to
become trans?

He became a role model or inspiration especially to much younger people, that they can finally be 'free' and society will accept them for who they want to be. He is merely a 'suggestion' put out there that some people will take on the suggestion given that we are pretty much born medicated and many kids are experiencing 'hormonal confusion'.

KoncreteMind

1 star

• Thanks Received: 85

PostWed Mar 22, 2017 12:40 pm

Taragaia wrote:
How does that tell ME to become trans?

It doesnt tell YOU to be anything.

Now what it tells impressionable kids who do not have the defense mechanism to understand or the mechanism to at least try to understand whats going on? Thats the question.. The target is always the kids because they are the ones easily molded.

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 875

PostWed Mar 22, 2017 1:36 pm

Taragaia wrote:
Loki wrote:I think traditional gender roles were important for much of human history, but I think that time has passed. I'm not a supporter of the radical fringe SJWs that think holding the door open for a woman is suppressing her or upholding the patriarchy, that's foolishness, but I do think that people should certainly be allowed to dress and act in the way that makes them comfortable, even if it makes those around them uncomfortable.

What is a ''radical social justice SJW''?

Holding a door open for anyone is just common courtesy as far as I am concerned and I oppose patriarchy, so I guess otherwise we agree.

Exactly, any rational human being would understand that holding the door for another person is just a common courtesy we should all afford each other unless we are unable to or maybe not paying attention. It has nothing to do with the patriarchy or anything like that, but some radical left feminists actually seem to believe such insanity. To be fair, that example was due to a video I'd just watched where they couldn't figure out if the story was actually real or just someone trolling; they eventually leaned towards it being real, but even if it were trolling, the fact that people are unsure if it is trolling speaks to the existence of such petty human beings. I see professionally offended women and SJWs as the opposite but equal version of alt-right, red pill, MRA types. I obviously lean rather far left, so I will usually take a bit more issue with the Right-wing assholes, but the left-wing assholes piss me off too because they give liberals a bad name and make the left-wing issues seem contrived and petty a lot of the time.

Here is that video, just for reference:
phpBB [video]

If that woman is a real woman, I hope one day she finds out how dumb she is and there is someone there to record and upload it. People like her are just as infuriating to me as people who get pissed at Starbucks for their "holiday cups" or boycott Target for being sensitive to gender issues.
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

Kung Fu

2.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 207

PostWed Mar 22, 2017 2:00 pm

If gender roles didn't exist or that people think they're social constructs well the human civilization wouldn't exist right now. Men and women were created differently with different levels of physical capabilities, different ways of thinking, and desiring different things. Therefore, men and women would excel in different things and different roles. This is quite simply a fact that science has been telling us pretty bluntly but we all seem to throw science out the window when it's convenient.

Taragaia

Awake

1.5 stars

PostWed Mar 22, 2017 3:45 pm

Kung Fu wrote:If gender roles didn't exist or that people think they're social constructs well the human civilization wouldn't exist right now. Men and women were created differently with different levels of physical capabilities, different ways of thinking, and desiring different things. Therefore, men and women would excel in different things and different roles. This is quite simply a fact that science has been telling us pretty bluntly but we all seem to throw science out the window when it's convenient.

Can you tell me what's convenient about being trans/gay or anything of the sort?
The only way out is in

Kung Fu

2.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 207

PostWed Mar 22, 2017 4:59 pm

Taragaia wrote:
Kung Fu wrote:If gender roles didn't exist or that people think they're social constructs well the human civilization wouldn't exist right now. Men and women were created differently with different levels of physical capabilities, different ways of thinking, and desiring different things. Therefore, men and women would excel in different things and different roles. This is quite simply a fact that science has been telling us pretty bluntly but we all seem to throw science out the window when it's convenient.

Can you tell me what's convenient about being trans/gay or anything of the sort?

I don't understand what trans/gay has to do with anything I said.

What are you exactly getting at?
PreviousNext

Return to Social and Cultural Engineering