It is currently Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:59 am

Announcement: The Vigilant Forums have been reopened! Please see here for further information.

Fashion Thread

Discussion on the arts of the world and all things literature.
  • Author

swtlilqtk

2 stars

• Thanks Received: 115

Re: Fashion Thread

PostFri Aug 16, 2013 9:34 pm

Alexander McQueen- I think he does some really crazy, off the wall stuff. But he also does very beautiful, haunting pieces (RIP A.M.) :sad:

Jason Wu- I like that he is high fashion, but most of what he puts out is very wearable and sexy

Zac Posen-started off so young with so much talent. I would consider his designs the easier to wear when it comes to high fashion pieces. Nothing is every crazy. He is known for his streamlined pieces.

John Galliano (back when he was head designer of Dior) He was talented, but wild. He lost the best job of his life by an anti-Semitic comment.

Artful Revealer

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 424

PostFri Aug 16, 2013 9:59 pm

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months. - Oscar Wilde

:Rofl:

:Grin:

:Smile:

:Stare:

No? Inappropriate?

I thought that was funny.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled is convincing the world he is God.

justjess

JEZEBEL

5 Stars

• Thanks Received: 982

PostSat Aug 17, 2013 12:05 am

that red and black alexander mcqueen :thumbup:
Scratch most feminists and underneath there is a woman who longs to be a sex object. The difference is that is not all she wants to be. ~Betty Rollin

"I don't really aspire to being rational. I'm more attracted to the irrational," she says. "There's no such thing as total rationality. That's something I've realized lately." - Scarlet Johansson

swtlilqtk

2 stars

PostSat Aug 17, 2013 1:29 am

Artful Revealer wrote:Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months. - Oscar Wilde

:Rofl:

:Grin:

:Smile:

:Stare:

No? Inappropriate?

I thought that was funny.

Noooo. Fashion is only ugly if you don't view certain things as "art" as opposed to actual clothing. But yeah that quote is cute. :wink:

justjess wrote:that red and black alexander mcqueen :thumbup:

I know. Something about McQueen... I wish I had somewhere to wear dresses like the ones I posted. I want to be glamorous. I want it to be the 20's. I want to sit around in a Speak Easy, and smoke cigarettes out of a cigarette holder...and drink gin and tonics. All while chatting up a handsome man wearing a 3 piece suit and fedora. With a five piece band playing in the background.... can't you just see it now? *le sigh*

justjess

JEZEBEL

5 Stars

PostSat Aug 17, 2013 1:37 am

that sounds fabulous tbh.. i wish. soo romantic and glamorous.

i bought a leather and silk dress.. very angelina jolie.. like 2 years ago and it just sits in my closet cuz i never have the right place to wear it. its a shame. i love beautiful clothes but im in the same situation.
Scratch most feminists and underneath there is a woman who longs to be a sex object. The difference is that is not all she wants to be. ~Betty Rollin

"I don't really aspire to being rational. I'm more attracted to the irrational," she says. "There's no such thing as total rationality. That's something I've realized lately." - Scarlet Johansson

swtlilqtk

2 stars

PostSat Aug 17, 2013 1:58 am

Yes! I shop for the life I want instead of have. lol That dress sounds gorg btw

justjess

JEZEBEL

5 Stars

PostSat Aug 17, 2013 2:01 am

i fucking love that dress. i dont even care if all i ever do is stare at it.. it is sexy as hell. it was love at first site i had to have it

Sunshine

1 star

• Thanks Received: 18

PostSat Aug 17, 2013 8:16 am

swtlilqtk wrote:Yes! I shop for the life I want instead of have. lol That dress sounds gorg btw

I do the same it is great I won't have to shop in the future! I wear my good stuff on new years it has that classy vibe.
Ulyana Sergeenko
"I ain't dumbin' down you're gonna have to smarten up"-Brother Ali

swtlilqtk

2 stars

PostSat Aug 17, 2013 3:13 pm

Ohhh those are beautiful! I LOVE that fur skirt. Though I could never pull it off. I also really like the long floral dress. I need to get something like that. Definitely has that 20's vibe going on. I love the draping....I could just see that on me for sure.

jashutson13

Funnyfarm escapee

2 stars

• Thanks Received: 143

PostSat Aug 17, 2013 5:04 pm

Love this dress, love this look

I have always loved the burlesque look.

Loki: Well when a man loves another man....
PreviousNext

Return to Arts and Literature