It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:09 am

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Favorite book/What are you currently reading?

Discussion on the arts of the world and all things literature.
  • Author

Failboat

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 118

Re: Favorite book/What are you currently reading?

PostThu Sep 19, 2013 5:30 am

I know. ;(

Even thru it all he loved her ;(

Le sigh.

justjess

JEZEBEL

5 Stars

• Thanks Received: 999

PostThu Sep 19, 2013 5:32 am

we need to find some Peetas in NYC fail....

hahahaha never happen. we can dream tho ;)
Scratch most feminists and underneath there is a woman who longs to be a sex object. The difference is that is not all she wants to be. ~Betty Rollin

"I don't really aspire to being rational. I'm more attracted to the irrational," she says. "There's no such thing as total rationality. That's something I've realized lately." - Scarlet Johansson

zuxemi

sanctimonious

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 66

PostTue Sep 24, 2013 6:06 pm

Just finished Wicked. Starting on Son of a Witch.
Epicurus wrote:Death is nothing to us, since when we are, death has not come, and when death has come, we are not

OhhCeeDee

Smile

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 8

PostFri Oct 04, 2013 7:56 pm

jashutson13 wrote:I have a cupboard full of romance books wtf I hate sappy romance in real life. Who knew.

hahaha i am the same
Something clever should go here...someday.

MsXero

Killing Joke

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 104

PostSun Oct 06, 2013 4:20 am

Favorite Book(s): The Believing Brain, Fight Club

Currently reading: The Diary of the Dc Sniper

And I don't wanna make a fuss about it

The only certain thing in life is death.

Corvus Metus

Dead but dreaming...

0.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 57

PostThu Oct 10, 2013 8:31 pm

Favorite Books, Fiction: Anything by H.P. Lovecraft or J.R.R. Tolkien, Song of Ice and Fire series, and Robert E. Howard's Solomon Kane stories. Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman

Favorite Books, Non-Fiction: A Theology of Liberation by Gustavo Gutierrez, The Undiscovered Self by Carl Jung.

Favorite Books, Comics (Because They Deserve Their Own Section!): Hellblazer, Books of Magic (both the Neil Gaiman mini-series and the Vertigo ongoing), House of Secrets, and the original Mirage Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series.

I'm currently reading... Nothing. I have American Gods by Neil Gaiman sitting on my desk but haven't started it yet.

azazel

layaamani

0.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 16

PostWed Oct 30, 2013 11:56 am

Half-way through Emotions Revealed: Understanding Faces and Feelings, by Paul Ekman.
Teaches you the basics on how to read peoples faces to see what they're feeling, and reading micro-expressions to see their concealed emotions.

http://www.microexpressionstest.com/mic ... ions-test/
^Give this test a go if you have a spare 2 minutes :grin:
ησω уσυ'яє σσкιηg ƒσя тнє ѕє¢яєт. вυт уσυ ωση'т ƒιη ιт вє¢αυѕє σƒ ¢συяѕє, уσυ'яє ησт яєαу σσкιηg. уσυ ση'т яєαу ωαηт тσ ωσяк ιт συт. уσυ ωαηт тσ вє ƒσσє.

- тнє ρяєѕтιgє

justjess

JEZEBEL

5 Stars

• Thanks Received: 999

PostWed Nov 20, 2013 5:33 am

http://playboysfw.kinja.com/zombie-a-ne ... 1465542446

im bias cuz hes one of my favorite authors.. but i think its a good quick read, and spoke to me a bit.. anxiety about the state of the world.

He says he doesn't remember anything. Boris Declan grins this sloppy, dopey smile. He taps a dirty finger to the burn mark on one side of his face. He points this same butt-stained finger to make me look across the way. On the wall where he's pointing is this guidance counselor poster that shows white birds flapping their wings against a blue sky. Under that are the words actual happiness only happens by accident printed in dreamy writing. The school hung that poster to hide the shadow of where another defibrillator used to hang.

It's clear that wherever Boris Declan ends up in life it's going to be the right place. He's already living in brain trauma nirvana. The school district was right about copycats.

No offense to Jesus, but the meek won't inherit the earth. To judge from reality TV the loudmouths will get their hands on everything. And I say, let them. The Kardashians and the Baldwins are like some invasive species. Like kudzu or zebra mussels. Let them battle over the control of the crappy real world.

For a long time I listened to my uncle and didn't jump. Anymore, I don't know. The newspaper warns us about terrorist anthrax bombs and virulent new strains of meningitis, and the only comfort newspapers can offer is a coupon for 20 cents off on underarm deodorant.

To have no worries, no regrets—it's pretty appealing. So many of the cool kids at my school have elected to self-fry that, anymore, only the losers are left. The losers and the naturally occurring pinheads. The situation is so dire that I'm a shoo-in to be valedictorian. That's how come my uncle Henry is shipping me off. He thinks that by relocating me to Twin Falls he can postpone the inevitable.
Scratch most feminists and underneath there is a woman who longs to be a sex object. The difference is that is not all she wants to be. ~Betty Rollin

"I don't really aspire to being rational. I'm more attracted to the irrational," she says. "There's no such thing as total rationality. That's something I've realized lately." - Scarlet Johansson

TheFallenAlchemist

The Irate Individual

2 stars

• Thanks Received: 138

PostSat Nov 30, 2013 9:01 pm

Thanks For The Memories by Brice Taylor. This book was given to me by a friend and fellow music artist who has now started to question her ideology a bit more since reading it.

The book has gone up to an exponetially high level as far as price goes, probably for certain reasons....

http://www.amazon.com/Thanks-Memories-Memoirs-Kissingers-Mind-Controlled/dp/0966891627
"Symbols have power, Netley... Power enough to turn even a stomach such as yours... Or to deliver half this planet's population into slavery." - Alan Moore, From Hell

Reviews, interviews, thoughts/theories: http://www.thegrimtower.com/
Band Page: http://www.torii.bandcamp.com/

Wakey

Karuna.

1 star

• Thanks Received: 98

PostWed Jan 01, 2014 6:34 am

Recently completed this:

The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari: A Fable About Fulfilling Your Dreams and Reaching Your Destiny by motivational speaker and author Robin Sharma is an inspiring tale that provides a step-by-step approach to living with greater courage, balance, abundance and joy. The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari tells the extraordinary story of Julian Mantle, a lawyer forced to confront the spiritual crisis of his out-of-balance life, and the subsequent wisdom that he gains on a life-changing odyssey that enables him to create a life of passion, purpose and peace.
"Love the whole world as a mother loves her only child." - Buddha.

PreviousNext

Return to Arts and Literature