It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:14 pm

Announcement: The Vigilant Forums have been reopened! Please see here for further information.

Answer To Job

Discussion on the arts of the world and all things literature.
  • Author

enkidu2368

Praetor-

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 281

Answer To Job

PostFri Apr 19, 2013 4:22 am

"At the outset, let me state candidly my appraisal of Jung's ANSWER TO JOB. In my opinion it has the same psychic depth and import as characterize the major scriptures of the world-religions." ~ Edward F. Edinger, "The Creation of Consciousness: Jung's Myth for Modern Man," Inner City Books, 1984, p. 60

http://www.amazon.com/Answer-Job-Collected-Works-Bollingen/dp/0691150478/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1366344942&sr=1-1&keywords=Answer+to+Job

Praise from previous edition: "This book breathes a passionate wish for the regeneration of mankind, integrating the destructive impulse rather than repressing it. (Times Literary Supplement )

Praise from previous edition: "Dr. Jung speaks with the authority and conviction of his professional insight into the mind of an age whose great longing is for some new heavenly marriage that shall produce a new divine child to save us from impending apocalypse. (Kathleen Raine Encounter )

Praise from previous edition: "Jung. . . .points out that the psychology of religion has two aspects, the psychology of religious persons and the psychology of religious 'contents.' He has himself, in this book, made a rare and original contribution to the latter. (A.M. Silver British Journal of Psychology )
...this world is only play and amusement, pomp and mutual boasting among you, and rivalry in respect of wealth and children, as the likeness of vegetation after rain, thereof the growth is pleasing to the tiller; afterwards it dries up and you see it turning yellow; then it becomes straw. Al-Hadid (020)

Return to Arts and Literature