It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 7:31 am

Announcement: The Vigilant Forums have been reopened! Please see here for further information.

New Project Is Explaining LGBT Themes To Preschool Kids

General all purpose critical analysis and discussions on the world around us.
  • Author

Thunderian

OG for real

1 star

• Thanks Received: 101

PostTue Feb 14, 2017 6:18 am

Nope. No way. I would rather my son grew up totally ignorant.

A new web series is explaining issues and language surrounding the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community in a way that is accessible for preschool-aged children.

“Queer Kids Stuff“ is created and produced by Lindsey Amer and is intended to be a conversation starter between adults and kids about queer issues. While the episodes may focus on explaining a basic queer idea — like what does “gay” mean — it also answers questions for children that some adults may not have the ability or language to talk about.

“These are the years of the W’s: Who, What, When, and Why,” Amer told The Huffington Post. “These ages are when children are learning and soaking up everything they can about the world they were pretty recently introduced to. While they are learning about the world, they are also beginning to form their own opinions about the things in this world. If they aren’t seeing queerness in their world (particularly in their media) how can they know to ask questions and spark conversations (as many parents won’t do this themselves). And what happens if the first time they are introduced to a queer topic, it has a negative connotation? As soon as that happens, it is far more difficult to undo that moment, than it is to simply introduce the topic truthfully and positively first.”

We’re super excited about this project and can’t wait to see what’s ahead. Check out the first episode, “What Does Gay Mean?” above and head here to learn more about “Queer Kids Stuff.”

huffingtonpost.com/entry/queer-kid-stuff-lgbt_us_576813f1e4b0853f8bf183e2

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 828

Re: New Project Is Explaining LGBT Themes To Preschool Kids

PostTue Feb 14, 2017 10:01 pm

I don't particularly have an issue with such a thing, but it just doesn't seem entirely necessary in today's world. I mean I don't spend a lot of time with kids, but I get the feeling that they are a pretty inclusive bunch and very non-judgmental for the most part, unless they are taught not to be. So anyone who would be interested in using this website/show to teach their kid about LGBT terms and whatnot is probably already going to be pro LGBT stuff and so their kid likely wouldn't grow up having an issue with queer people or kids. The kids who will have an issue with queer people and kids have parents who have issues with LGBT stuff and they aren't likely to allow their kid to watch this liberal Satanist queer crap!

It just seems like a non-issue ultimately. But hey, if some parents want to use it as a teaching tool, then whatever floats their boat.
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

Thunderian

OG for real

1 star

PostWed Feb 15, 2017 5:44 am

I submit that it's a little more complicated than whether someone has an issue with gay people or not. I don't have an issue with gay people and I won't teach my son to have an issue with them, either. My sister is gay and I love her to bits, and so does my son.

But there is an encouragement these days for very young children to not just be cool with gay people (and I hope my son is cool with gay people), but to actively explore and embrace homosexuality and transgenderism. There are very young children who are being pushed (there is no other term for it) into these lifestyles and choices.

In the case of transgenders, they are receiving medical treatment that will render them sterile for the rest of their lives because they think they want to be a girl or a boy. It's as ridiculous as me forcing my boy to have a rotor installed in the top of his head because he wants to be a helicopter one day.

There's nothing wrong with knowing what a gay person is. It's the celebrating of it that gets offensive. It's the relentless message that homosexuality something we all need to be delighted about. I have friends who take their pre-school kids to pride parades. I wonder how that messes with those young minds, when they see some dude wearing pink leather assless chaps making out with a topless dyke wearing a giant inflatable dick.
Last edited by Thunderian on Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Taragaia

Awake

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 255

PostWed Feb 15, 2017 7:00 am

I don't really understand the need to give sexual education to preschoolers, I never have.

Yes, kids that age tend to explore their pee-pee's a bit and maybe fondle them. You just correct them at that age and that's it. They don't need to know all the ins and outs of sexual intercourse or gender theory or sexual preferences.

The time to discuss those things starts when they hit their pre-teens, when they get their first crush; that kind of thing. Not sure why any kind of sexual education would be needed before that age except maybe in a preventive sense like telling kids that they should not have to show their bum to strange men/women or let it be touched by them. But that should be a parent's job to warn about and not a school's.

So while we come from a different reasoning, I agree that this is not something that is useful or necessary for kids that age.
The only way out is in

Thy Unveiling

Creeper's Creeper

1 star

• Thanks Received: 103

PostWed Feb 15, 2017 7:52 am

My roommate is mtf. To my 3 year olds understanding, she is simply Auntie -Female Name-. One day when she's older and starts asking questions, we'll explain, but why confuse them when they're young and not even questioning it? When my son was 4 he met my friend (now roommate) in both her born-male form and saw "him" in a dress, so he had some questions and knew it was a little deeper than "This guy likes to dress in girls clothes." So we explained it in a way he understood. He was slightly confused but sympathetic. These days he doesn't think anything of Auntie's former male identity, although there are still questions he has that he's too shy to ask. Tbh they're the same questions the roommate asks herself, like when acknowledging that after the big surgery she's going to lose the freedom of urinating with convenience anywhere, anytime....or when discussing the annoyances of being a woman "Why did I choose this again?"
But to be teaching classrooms of children on it? There's no real reason to do so.
For Angelina and Brad to force poor little Shiloh to be trans is beyond fucked. They had it planned since before she was born; that's why they picked a sexually ambiguous name and dressed her in her brothers hand-me-downs. With their money there is no reason to dress your baby girl in her older brothers clothes!
Even my roommate recognizes the agenda for what it is and has since Bruce/Caitlin Jender. She doesn't like the agenda at all, either, and agrees that it's bad for her community as well as pointless for everyone else. We're all for equality, but this is just unreal! Your average 5 year old has no need to know about being trans. It's not like families go on outings to Queens Park or wherever the roller disco superstars skate about in fluorescent hot pants inviting passerby to party.
*sigh* wtf did I bring kids into this world for? Please God let me win enough money to allow me to homeschool the wee miss! Although if public schools going to force this crap, I guess she'll be miss popular on account of her trans Auntie being like a second mom to her. This is still all really stupid, though

(And that CoverGirl boy annoys the hell out of roomie and I! Like just pick a fucking gender and live as it! He's not a pretty boy; he looks like a butch lesbian. Wtf? That girly boy confuses me, and I think that's precisely the point. Doesn't stop me from wanting to yell at him, though.)

Apologies for being all over the place. It's nearly 3am and I had a long day.
"It's this house that's gone mad! I'm as sane as can be!" ~ICP; Madhouse

Thunderian

OG for real

1 star

PostWed Feb 15, 2017 8:27 am

Thy Unveiling wrote:Even my roommate recognizes the agenda for what it is and has since Bruce/Caitlin Jender. She doesn't like the agenda at all, either, and agrees that it's bad for her community as well as pointless for everyone else. We're all for equality, but this is just unreal!

Thank God for people who recognize insanity and call it for what it is. The problem for gay or trans people who speak out is they get attacked pretty outrageously simply for having a differing opinion. There is a war on free speech being conducted by so-called liberals, and minorities who speak out are the first to be put down by the same people who are seen as their champions.

There is much more diversity of thought and opinion in conservative circles these days, and more and more minorities are recognizing the emptiness and logical fallacies of the contemporary liberal movement.

I like Blaire White a lot, and she's proof of what I've just said. Here's her take on Queer Kids Stuff.

phpBB [video]

Check out her YouTube account for more. She smart and funny and pretty cute for a guy in a dress. :shh:

Karlysymon

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 259

PostWed Feb 15, 2017 10:06 pm

I remember reading something like this about a year ago. All this coming at a point in time that is surely 'precarious' for childhood. People will say those kinds of endeavors are necessary because supposedly more kids are becoming confused about gender. And there is truth to it. There is heavy enviromental assault on developing bodies.
Like this study about Ibises exposed to mercury became gay (vaccines have mercury). Not just that, BPA in plastics mimicks estrogen. The presence of synthetic hormones in tap water, once taken, furthers the endocrine confusion.
http://naturalnews.com/050876_mercury_e ... _Ibis.html
Is exposure to mercury and other endocrine-disrupting
chemicals (EDCs) causing some children to be "born gay?"
Italian scientist and journalist Gian Paolo Vanoli, 70, seems to think so. He told VICE Italy's Matteo Lenardon back in 2013 that mercury and other toxic vaccine components directly alter childhood development. He says vaccines inhibit a child from forming his natural
personality, activating a
"microform" of autism that
leaves a child chemically lobotomized.
"The vaccine is introduced into the child, the child then grows and tries to find its own personality, and if this is
inhibited by mercury or other substances present in the
vaccine which enter the brain, the child becomes gay," he's quoted as saying.

Thunderian

OG for real

1 star

PostWed Feb 15, 2017 10:54 pm

I just found this article today and it covers a lot about the trans movement that bothers a lot of people.

The trouble arises when we are asked to concede to the rhetorical demands: when we are told to concede that womanhood is a construction and not a matter of biology; that surgical mutilation is brave; that men who decide to become women are immune from criticism after they’ve taken a certain amount of estrogen; that expression of discomfort is bigotry; and that the cause of women’s political and economic liberation is somehow hindered if we alienate transgendered women or if we discuss the realities of women’s biology.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/womanhood-redefined/

Kung Fu

2.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 207

PostFri Feb 24, 2017 3:04 pm

All this transgender stuff is pure baloney.

Rainerann

1 star

• Thanks Received: 100

PostFri Feb 24, 2017 9:38 pm

I found today about a girl who thinks she was born in the wrong species. She was meant to be a cat. :sigh: the world is geting so weird.

phpBB [video]
Next

Return to General