It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:26 am

Announcement: The Vigilant Forums have been reopened! Please see here for further information.

Face to face, not face to phone. Cell phones will increase o

General all purpose critical analysis and discussions on the world around us.
  • Author

Gnostic Bishop

2 stars

• Thanks Received: 114

Face to face, not face to phone. Cell phones will increase o

PostThu Jul 13, 2017 5:18 pm

Face to face, not face to phone. Cell phones will increase our destructive hive living natures.

Cell phones are killing our social skills. The cell phone is one of the rudest pieces of technology ever developed in our modern times. To see a family of four sitting at a dinner table and all four members are texting and avoiding the bonding that should be taking place, instead of the silence that occurs; is one of society’s greatest failures. Friends are out for a night on the town and everyone has their phone out, texting and not having meaningful conversations that would be more rewarding. We cannot speak in complete sentences without the use of acronyms and do not look at others directly in their eyes while speaking to them. This society is losing the art of pure communication.

We are mammals, but we are making ourselves into that less favorable condition of hive living creatures.

Are cell phones controlling our way of life?

I say yes.

Regards
DL

Creeper

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 282

Re: Face to face, not face to phone. Cell phones will increa

PostSun Jul 16, 2017 9:09 am

I know we have had our differences bro, don't worry, I come in peace. I actually think what you are saying here is bang on point and I agree with you on this. A lot of people recognise this problem and I just thought I would make a small contribution to your thread. :Smile:

I saw a picture from Scimitar the other day that made me laugh that was a cartoon of a phone, an Xbox controller, a remote and a pair of headphones burying a book. :lol:

Gnostic Bishop wrote:Are cell phones controlling our way of life?

I say yes.

Of course they are.

What better way to control the population than to get them full on addicted to devices that constantly spy on them? Even if 'they' are not interested in us personally, the advertising agencies, mind control and propaganda are still going to get to us. It's pretty diabolical when you think about it...

This message was sent by a phone :Wink:
A fool thinks himself to be wise,
a wise man knows himself to be a fool.

Everything is meaningless, a chasing after the wind.

Karlysymon

1.5 stars

PostSun Jul 16, 2017 5:23 pm

GB, some rant! But a nice one and i too agree with you. Eric Pickersgill did a photo series on this titled REMOVED. People had to pose with their cellphones, which were then removed. They had to maintain their pose though. The pictures do show that even when people are together, (sitting together on a couch or lying in bed etc,) they aren't really together but are world's apart!

(images failed to load,if someone can put them up, i'd be thankful) The one with the family of four in the kitchen was my 'favorite'

See all here
http://www.ericpickersgill.com/Removed

Gnostic Bishop

2 stars

PostSun Jul 23, 2017 3:47 pm

Creeper wrote:I know we have had our differences bro, don't worry, I come in peace. I actually think what you are saying here is bang on point and I agree with you on this. A lot of people recognise this problem and I just thought I would make a small contribution to your thread. :Smile:

I saw a picture from Scimitar the other day that made me laugh that was a cartoon of a phone, an Xbox controller, a remote and a pair of headphones burying a book. :lol:

I say yes.

Of course they are.

What better way to control the population than to get them full on addicted to devices that constantly spy on them? Even if 'they' are not interested in us personally, the advertising agencies, mind control and propaganda are still going to get to us. It's pretty diabolical when you think about it...

Somewhat like what religions do with their lies. Right?

Regards
DL

Gnostic Bishop

2 stars

PostSun Jul 23, 2017 3:51 pm

Karlysymon wrote:GB, some rant! But a nice one and i too agree with you. Eric Pickersgill did a photo series on this titled REMOVED. People had to pose with their cellphones, which were then removed. They had to maintain their pose though. The pictures do show that even when people are together, (sitting together on a couch or lying in bed etc,) they aren't really together but are world's apart!

(images failed to load,if someone can put them up, i'd be thankful) The one with the family of four in the kitchen was my 'favorite'

See all here
http://www.ericpickersgill.com/Removed

I hear you and thanks.

I hear that people bored with their sex lives are posting while sexing.

Selfie to the point of idiocy that.

Regards
DL

Creeper

1.5 stars

PostSun Jul 23, 2017 10:10 pm

Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Creeper wrote:

I say yes.

Of course they are.

Somewhat like what religions do with their lies. Right?

phpBB [video]

Creeper

1.5 stars

PostSat Aug 05, 2017 10:10 am

phpBB [video]

He does bring up phones around 7 minutes in, so it is on topic and he goes into some other interesting areas. It's a funny old world isn't it?

slave_of_God

0.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 29

PostMon Aug 21, 2017 11:43 pm

Gnostic Bishop wrote:Somewhat like what religions do with their lies. Right?
Regards
DL

Hi Gnostic Bishop,

Hope you're doing great. Please, may i know what DL stands for?

Also, why do you say that religions lie? To me, the greatest lie is everything that suggests ascribing anything that is common to us, to God Almighty. For example, saying that God has a son or saying that a statue is a deity. There's Only One Deity and He Is Invisible, Formless, Unseen, Indivisible, and Does Not Resemble any thing in any way.

Other than that, i agree with this topic. People would be better off not using cellphones in my opinion. Thanks for your insight!
My heart's at ease knowing what has missed me was never meant for me.

Creep

Weirdo

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 5

PostFri Oct 13, 2017 4:59 am

People seem to be addicted to technology in general. People these days would prefer talk through texts etc rather than face to face.

It's kinda sad when you see a group of people together and they're all focused on their phones.
What the hell am I doing here?
I don't belong here...

davigablefl

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 0

PostSun Oct 29, 2017 7:23 pm

OMG that is soooooo true, i remember reading on this site http://www.lv-mtja-24.com ( it had a blog on the homepage then, like yr ago) about social media and what is real life versus virtual collection.
What has the world come too????? Halograms instead of human interaction???????? http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinion/h ... re-2929152 < that says it all

The one thing about technology i like is forums cause you speak with like random ppl on topics you both relate to or you can debate about them.

:Thumbup: :thumbup:
( anyone please let me know how to upload a pic here cause i am completely confused and it doubt) I dont want to post those long gif links cauz their annyoning so let me know.
Next

Return to General