It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:01 pm


Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Facebook makes you unhappy

General all purpose critical analysis and discussions on the world around us.
  • Author
  • Message
Offline
User avatar

Thy Unveiling

Creeper's Creeper

Registered User

1 star

  • Posts: 127
  • Joined: 18 January 2017
  • Gender: Female
  • Thanks Received: 123

Re: Facebook makes you unhappy

PostSun Jan 22, 2017 4:45 am

Yet I get called paranoid and insane for informing people it's an information gathering tool used by US intelligence agencies. They just keep on posting tmi. I got rid of FB a while ago for a myriad of reasons. No real regrets aside from "I lost This Persons number and I have a new one" (nothing that can't be rectified via mutual friends.)
"It's this house that's gone mad! I'm as sane as can be!" ~ICP; Madhouse
Offline
User avatar

Taragaia

Awake

Registered User

1.5 stars

  • Posts: 351
  • Joined: 03 January 2017
  • Location: Goa, India
  • Gender: Female
  • Thanks Received: 273

Re: Facebook makes you unhappy

PostSun Jan 22, 2017 6:46 am

Thy Unveiling wrote:Yet I get called paranoid and insane for informing people it's an information gathering tool used by US intelligence agencies. They just keep on posting tmi. I got rid of FB a while ago for a myriad of reasons. No real regrets aside from "I lost This Persons number and I have a new one" (nothing that can't be rectified via mutual friends.)


I know it's an information gathering tool, yet I don't care. Not even about posting tmi.

Because they are already tracking every phone call I make, every part of the web I visit. It doesn't matter if I add some things on FB or other social media. They know who I am anyway, and if they'd want to arrest me they could anytime even without facebook.

Besides, in the good old fascist days, just your neighbor saying he heard you say something deemed ''inappropriate'' would have been enough to send you to jail. So don't worry about facebook, if they want you they will get you anyway.

Which is why I decided to enjoy social media. Not using it protects me against nothing.
The only way out is in
Offline
User avatar

Thy Unveiling

Creeper's Creeper

Registered User

1 star

  • Posts: 127
  • Joined: 18 January 2017
  • Gender: Female
  • Thanks Received: 123

Re: Facebook makes you unhappy

PostSun Jan 22, 2017 8:29 am

That's pretty much what my BFF says when I tell her she makes it WAAAAY too easy for people to stalk her. She's always posting where she is and who she's with. "This Girl is at This Place with This Person", complete with that little map and star thing. I got a bit mad at her when I was This Person at This Place, since where we were was right around the corner from my house. But I also had a very vivid nightmare where a Facebook stalker murdered a girl with the same habit as her
Coulda been her, since we sometimes look different in dreams.
"It's this house that's gone mad! I'm as sane as can be!" ~ICP; Madhouse
Offline
User avatar

Taragaia

Awake

Registered User

1.5 stars

  • Posts: 351
  • Joined: 03 January 2017
  • Location: Goa, India
  • Gender: Female
  • Thanks Received: 273

Re: Facebook makes you unhappy

PostSun Jan 22, 2017 8:41 am

Thy Unveiling wrote:That's pretty much what my BFF says when I tell her she makes it WAAAAY too easy for people to stalk her. She's always posting where she is and who she's with. .


That is the one thing I DO consider TMI, I mean I sure think I am able to trust my friends but there's also friends of friends on there and no one needs to know whether I am home or not.

It's the perfect way to get robbed, mugged or worse. I don't use check ins and that kind of nonsense.
The only way out is in
Offline
User avatar

Taragaia

Awake

Registered User

1.5 stars

  • Posts: 351
  • Joined: 03 January 2017
  • Location: Goa, India
  • Gender: Female
  • Thanks Received: 273

Re: Facebook makes you unhappy

PostSun Jan 22, 2017 8:42 am

Thy Unveiling wrote:That's pretty much what my BFF says when I tell her she makes it WAAAAY too easy for people to stalk her. She's always posting where she is and who she's with. .


That is the one thing I DO consider TMI, I mean I sure think I am able to trust my friends but there's also friends of friends on there and no one needs to know whether I am home or not.

It's the perfect way to get robbed, mugged or worse. I don't use check ins and that kind of nonsense.
The only way out is in
Offline

Creeping Jesus**

Registered User

0 stars

  • Posts: 14
  • Joined: 26 January 2017
  • Thanks Received: 3

Re: Facebook makes you unhappy

PostFri Jan 27, 2017 10:02 pm

I some how delete facebook then a day or two later Am back on it I don't know why bur always happenes any help of how to stop that
Offline
User avatar

AndrianaStark

Member

Registered User

0 stars

  • Posts: 48
  • Joined: 21 December 2016
  • Gender: Female
  • Thanks Received: 55

Re: Facebook makes you unhappy

PostMon Jan 30, 2017 3:25 pm

Creeping Jesus wrote:I some how delete facebook then a day or two later Am back on it I don't know why bur always happenes any help of how to stop that


This is literally me. I delete FB about 5 times a month I swear. I just deleted it last night.

Yeah, Facebook made me unhappy but not because of the site but because of the disgusting hypocritical people. Looks like I need new friends or family members. :crazy:
Offline
User avatar

Taragaia

Awake

Registered User

1.5 stars

  • Posts: 351
  • Joined: 03 January 2017
  • Location: Goa, India
  • Gender: Female
  • Thanks Received: 273

Re: Facebook makes you unhappy

PostTue Jan 31, 2017 2:31 pm

AndrianaStark wrote:
Creeping Jesus wrote:I some how delete facebook then a day or two later Am back on it I don't know why bur always happenes any help of how to stop that


This is literally me. I delete FB about 5 times a month I swear. I just deleted it last night.

Yeah, Facebook made me unhappy but not because of the site but because of the disgusting hypocritical people. Looks like I need new friends or family members. :crazy:


I don't use my real name on FB. Saves a lot of frustration. Got only people I want there that way :)
The only way out is in
Previous

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron