It is currently Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:11 pm

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

You know I had to do it: The Official Flat Earth thread

General all purpose critical analysis and discussions on the world around us.
  • Author

KoncreteMind

1 star

• Thanks Received: 85

You know I had to do it: The Official Flat Earth thread

PostFri Mar 03, 2017 5:24 pm

Yes, I went there :grin:

| Show Quote

phpBB [video]

Anybody switch sides since the last go around we had on the old boards? Is this the truth? Psyop? Distraction? Ancient hogwash?

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 875

Re: You know I had to do it: The Official Flat Earth thread

PostFri Mar 03, 2017 5:37 pm

Just gonna post a couple of videos. I love Joe Rogan's podcast and some recent guests have been asked about the Flat Earth insanity. One is more animated and angry, he is a paleontologist so it's not the main focus but it does come up. He also hates Eric Dubay, for obvious reasons, so that becomes a running line of hilarity. For me anyway. His name is Trevor Valle, really cool dude.

phpBB [video]

And, the more recent video features Neil deGrasse Tyson. His take and explanation is far more scientific because he knows a bit more of what he's talking about. I'm sure people here will dismiss Neil because of his connections to NASA, but I think they offer very reasonable proof that the Earth is definitely round.

phpBB [video]

I don't have a time code for Trevor's, but they mostly shit on Eric Dubay the entire podcast I feel, which is great. For the NDT podcast they begin specifically talking flat earth around 1:08:00.
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

Karlysymon

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 282

PostFri Mar 03, 2017 10:00 pm

I've never taken part in a Flat earth debate so this will be a first for me. I don't know what arguments they offer and i've never really thought about the question in my private musings whether the earth is flat. So would love to see the arguments people offer. Thanx for the video. Did i hear the guy right? He said daylight and sunset. If so, then i don't see it as such a biggie with the moon up afew latitudes away. Just like how it would be midday over St. Petersburg and pre-dawn over Lake Baykal. Russia is a huge country. Maybe someone at the North Pole close, to Siberia would see the same thing. I don't know. I may be wrong. I've never bothered with the topic.

KoncreteMind

1 star

PostSat Mar 04, 2017 4:19 am

Loki wrote:
And, the more recent video features Neil deGrasse Tyson. His take and explanation is far more scientific because he knows a bit more of what he's talking about. I'm sure people here will dismiss Neil because of his connections to NASA, but I think they offer very reasonable proof that the Earth is definitely round.

Yea once he's tied with NASA, that throws all his credibility (as far as Im concerned, which doesnt necessarily matter to anyone else lol) out the window. Like around that 1:08 point, he talks about us going to themoon. While NASA, is now saying we're having trouble going passed the van allen belts

phpBB [video]

In other places, NASA says we've never been past low earth orbit which we should have passed BOTH when we went to the moon in the 60's. But back to Tyson, another questionable thing about the guy is the fact that he said the earth is pear or oblate shaped despite NASA printing out pictures of a perfectly spherical earth for the last 20-30 years. Imo for these reasons, I dont think he's credible at all. Now I didnt watch the video, because I've heard his arguments before, and as a person who questions whatever it is the establishment has to offer, I didnt find them too convincing. If theres something you heard in the video or elsewhere that you deem otherwise, maybe you could bring it up. The other guy's interview was too long, I tried to skim through it, found where he was talking about the flat earth, saw that he wasnt really providing contrary evidence but just mocking the view altogether and left it alone. I decided to be fair about it and go back to give it a fair listen, but couldnt find the point where he was talking about it and wasnt to keen on working that hard to find it. People distrust NASA, and rightfully so when one looks at the evidence for doing so. So anybody that mocks that distrust, and that want that a person who holds that distrust has to think for theirselves using their own senses, gets the sideeye from me. Thats in regard to the Trevor guy (and Neil while we're at it)..

KoncreteMind

1 star

PostSat Mar 04, 2017 6:31 am

@Karly

Admiral Byrd was an explorer sent to Antarctica and when he came back he said that there was an unmapped land on the other side of the South Pole. A year or two later he died ( :roll: ) then a year or two later after that, the nations came together and decided to keep Antarctica off limits ( :roll: ). This isnt proof that the earth is flat, but it kinda shows they're hiding something about it does it not?

Thanx for the video. Did i hear the guy right? He said daylight and sunset. If so, then i don't see it as such a biggie with the moon up afew latitudes away. Just like how it would be midday over St. Petersburg and pre-dawn over Lake Baykal. Russia is a huge country. Maybe someone at the North Pole close, to Siberia would see the same thing. I don't know. I may be wrong. I've never bothered with the topic.

No problem at all. I think to some they think what he saw on the cruise matches this version of the earth below, than the one we are normally taught.

The sun and moon rotating above the earth, does fit what he saw. Im not sure how it fits what we're taught about the earth orbit whilst spinning around the sun while the moon orbits around the earth. Going by the above gif, it looks like this cruise was caught right in the middle of the sun/moon's rotation over the earth. In your example I think its different than what happened here. Yours is simply dealing with the position of the sun, while the video was dealing with the position of the moon and sun.

Just to give a background to other things I posted, I posted a flat earth map from 1892 (Robert Gleason) which says on it that thats its "scientifically and practically correct" and that its "as it is". I also posted flat earth maps in JFK's plane and strategy room, Marilyn Monroe holding a flat earth map, and the flat earth map for some reason being used as a logo for the UN (among other GLOBAL groups such as the world meteorological organization for instance). Seems like hiding truth in plain sight, but of course, to some that is a yes and others a no...

KoncreteMind

1 star

PostSat Mar 04, 2017 7:00 am

Just to add to the thread a lil, heres three videos that me question stuff about this. The first vid is one from some guy named Mike Degruy who descended and saw an underwater lake. He tried descending into this underwater lake but bounced off of it. The last two vids is a Henny commercial about August Piccard and a Simpsons bit where both the same type of thing hard surface with water. Maybe hiding truth in plain sight, or maybe its mocking. No matter the case, all three videos seem to match the bible's description of a "firmament" separating water from water:

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

All of this kinda ties back to Genesis 1.

Genesis 1
6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

Karlysymon

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 282

PostSun Mar 05, 2017 10:12 pm

Koncrete Mind wrote:and the flat earth map for some reason being used as a logo for the UN (among other GLOBAL groups such as the world meteorological organization for instance). Seems like hiding truth in plain sight,

They do that so that all continents are visible at the same time. Just like someone puts up a picture of both the front and back of your head on display. Is that what we see when we are talking to you? No, we only see your face and not the back of the head.
I only know surface knowledge on Byrd and Operation Highjump. I could use some indepth reading.
A sidenote: antarctica has lots of moon rocks that crush into the earth, so some of those were sent around to various countries as evidence of Apollo landings.

I will watch all the videos a little later. The gif u you put up, i did see it in the second vid on the youtube page of the vid in the OP. Since i haven't watched for scientific explanations, i will ask afew questions here. If the earth is flat;
1) then there's a possibility its not the only body in our solar system that's flat, right?
2)the sun and moon could be flat as well but we see them as circular.
3) then there's that giant ball of iron at the earth's core. I can't imagine it rotating inside a rectangular thingie but i guess iam wrong
4) the sun and moon's courses across our sky are like a curve. Same goes for satellites orbiting earth......a rise, peak then fall. We wouldn't have that if the earth was flat, right?
5) The ancients know alittle something;
"He sits enthroned above the CIRCLE of the earth"-Isaiah 40:22
6) sunflower heads follow the sun. When it rises, peaks and sets. Clearly they aren't circling their heads around.
I hope you find these cards in the Illuminati card game interesting.

Not directed at you KM. The whole conspiracy thing (not about a flat earth) is a double edged sword. So while some conspiracies are fact others are theory, used to gas-light truth seekers. Making them doubt their sanity. Just because there is mass consensus on an issue doesn't make the alternative to be hidden truth. Everyone knows 2+2=4. is there a conspiracy that 7 could be the sum of 2+2? In the case of a flat earth, the sunflowers would disagree.

Illusion

1 star

• Thanks Received: 65

PostMon Mar 06, 2017 2:15 pm

Uhhmm 2 things...

1. - If you travel in a straight line on the Earth long enough, you'll eventually come back to your starting point.
2. - You can see the curvature of the Earth at around 30,000 feet which is cruising altitude for most airplanes.

I don't mean to come off as condescending or anything for the record I just get astounded with the flat Earth theories is all.

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 875

PostMon Mar 06, 2017 2:25 pm

It's hard to know what evidence one can offer that a Flat Earth proponent would actually accept. They actually talk about this at that 1:08:00 mark I offered in my original post. For whatever it is worth, Neil mentions that one of the only full Earth photos is this one from the Apollo 17 mission because normally a space mission would be designed to return when the Earth is mostly dark, however the Apollo 17 mission took longer than expected from what I understand.

That said, I know straight off that you won't accept this picture as being real.

Anyway, Neil goes on to breakdown why he took issue with B.O.B.'s Flat Earth twitter rants. That starts around 1:13:00 if you'd like to have a listen. At this point Joe also points out how long distance snipers use calculations including gravity and the curvature of the Earth to determine where their bullets will hit, so if the Earth is actually flat they would never hit their mark.

After this they get into astrology. They may come back to Flat Earth later but I can't recall.

As for Trevor, yes, there isn't much to take away from his concerning Flat Earth. His would be more useful if this thread were about dinosaurs being fake, but I just get some joy from him shitting on Eric Dubay so it seemed relevant.
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

KoncreteMind

1 star

PostMon Mar 06, 2017 5:20 pm

Karlysymon wrote:They do that so that all continents are visible at the same time. Just like someone puts up a picture of both the front and back of your head on display. Is that what we see when we are talking to you? No, we only see your face and not the back of the head.
I only know surface knowledge on Byrd and Operation Highjump. I could use some indepth reading.
A sidenote: antarctica has lots of moon rocks that crush into the earth, so some of those were sent around to various countries as evidence of Apollo landings.

Im sure thats their reasoning they offer to us, but I doubt that its a legitimate reason. I had flat maps in grade school as you did. They never put the earth in a circle with a ring outside of it. Thats how people have been envisioning the flat earth for a long time so I doubt they simply "chose" this logo willy nilly. Of course people perceive the same things differently.

As far as Byrd, I think it definitely shows that they're hiding land. Sent a guy to explore, he comes back saying theres more land than originally believed, a year later he's dead and a year after that nations come together to agree to put the place he originally explored, off limits. Yea theres something fishy about what happened there. It doesnt make the earth flat, but it does unequivocally show, that they're hiding something...

I will watch all the videos a little later. The gif u you put up, i did see it in the second vid on the youtube page of the vid in the OP. Since i haven't watched for scientific explanations, i will ask afew questions here. If the earth is flat;
1) then there's a possibility its not the only body in our solar system that's flat, right?
2)the sun and moon could be flat as well but we see them as circular.
3) then there's that giant ball of iron at the earth's core. I can't imagine it rotating inside a rectangular thingie but i guess iam wrong
4) the sun and moon's courses across our sky are like a curve. Same goes for satellites orbiting earth......a rise, peak then fall. We wouldn't have that if the earth was flat, right?
5) The ancients know alittle something;
"He sits enthroned above the CIRCLE of the earth"-Isaiah 40:22
6) sunflower heads follow the sun. When it rises, peaks and sets. Clearly they aren't circling their heads around.
]

I think if we run with the earth being flat, it changes alot in regards to our perception of the universe, let alone sun and moon. So yes, though I wont pretend to know the solar system, theres a possibility that there are other flat objects in the universe. But whether there are flat or spherical objects in the universe, the shape of one object doesnt determine the shape of another. Like a football being shaped the way it is, doesnt mean a basketball will be shaped the same way. They are two different objects for two different purposes. As far as the sun/moon, I think its all about PERCEPTION. No matter what belief (geocentric or heliocentric), its about perception. And to our perception, lets be real,, they're both flat circles. In our perception they BOTH move across the sky, but we're told only one is actually moving. So you say they're clearly not circling their heads around, but that has more to do with perception than what is actually happening. As far as Isaiah 40:22, it says CIRCLE which is flat. A sphere/ball isnt a circle..

I hope you find these cards in the Illuminati card game interesting.

Not directed at you KM. The whole conspiracy thing (not about a flat earth) is a double edged sword. So while some conspiracies are fact others are theory, used to gas-light truth seekers. Making them doubt their sanity. Just because there is mass consensus on an issue doesn't make the alternative to be hidden truth. Everyone knows 2+2=4. is there a conspiracy that 7 could be the sum of 2+2? In the case of a flat earth, the sunflowers would disagree.

Actually you should direct that at me because it fits. Heres the problem I have with that inquiry. Where does one draw the line on WHAT to question concerning the establishment and what to simply "accept" on merit? Shouldnt we question everything with the same intensity?
Next

Return to General