It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:37 pm


Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

You know I had to do it: The Official Flat Earth thread

General all purpose critical analysis and discussions on the world around us.
  • Author
  • Message
Offline
User avatar

Scimitar

Servant of God

Registered User

4 stars

  • Posts: 2106
  • Joined: 01 March 2013
  • Location: Unplugged.
  • Gender: Male
  • Thanks Received: 582

Re: You know I had to do it: The Official Flat Earth thread

PostThu Mar 16, 2017 4:56 pm

KM, you've shown how you don't follow scripture in this thread and you cannot deny this. You've not been able to debunk the scriptural contexts of the OT nor the NT which I presented to you.

So now that I know that you ignore your holy books in lieu of your stubbornness in believing in a flat earth - Just answer this Konkrete Mind:

Job 26:7 reads as follows: He spreads out the northern skies over empty space; he suspends the earth over nothing.

He suspends the Northern skies over empty space... If North is the center of the earth in your flat earth map - bro KM - where is "south" according to the Cardinal Directions (north east west n south) given in your scripture???

This is your flat earth map:

Image

You done failed dude. It's stupid and basic crap like this which flies over your stubborn cranial walls, right Konk? :D

Scimi
Image


I have nothing to do with any recommendations to join any war on any person , race or community. I do not support ISIS nor any other movement, I seek opportunities to unite mankind, I seek to look at common ground and choose to ignore differences. I do not support violence, I condemn it. I have no affiliations with any promoting of violence be it political, racial or religious.
Offline
User avatar

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

  • Posts: 2204
  • Joined: 28 February 2013
  • Gender: Male
  • Thanks Received: 875

Re: You know I had to do it: The Official Flat Earth thread

PostThu Mar 16, 2017 5:21 pm

I think it's clear that I don't support a flat Earth or believe it to be the case, however, I don't think that pictures adds much of a debunk, though I understand why one might think it would. I've not seen FET's explanation for how/why the magnetic poles exist/work, but by my understanding of a compass (and correct me if I'm wrong) it always points to the magnetic North. So, that would still be the case with a flat Earth because all they've done is taken Antarctica/The South Pole and stretched it out to every corner, so still the compass would point to the North Pole and the opposite of that direction would still take you to Antarctica if you followed it.

The more compelling argument concerning the map would be that by that version of the map, Antarctica's actual land mass would be literally never ending, you would never be able to circle it. However, there is no current reason to believe that with the proper vessel/tech we couldn't completely circle Antarctica, because Antarctica is actually just another continent like any other at the bottom of the Earth.
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria
Offline
User avatar

Scimitar

Servant of God

Registered User

4 stars

  • Posts: 2106
  • Joined: 01 March 2013
  • Location: Unplugged.
  • Gender: Male
  • Thanks Received: 582

Re: You know I had to do it: The Official Flat Earth thread

PostThu Mar 16, 2017 5:28 pm

Loki wrote:I think it's clear that I don't support a flat Earth or believe it to be the case, however, I don't think that pictures adds much of a debunk, though I understand why one might think it would.


For you, no, because you don't have the OT nor the NT as your inference for belief. But for someone like KM, who professes to follow the bible(s) - this is a shot to the face at point blank range.

North is North - but where is South on this Flat Earth map? either according to himself or to what he thinks God says about the cardinal direction of the south in the OT?

He cannot answer this, it pulls the foundation of his flat earth theory away and leaves him hanging in a catch 22. Can't have it both ways, right KM?

Scimi

EDIT:

Sorry Loki, I totally forgot to add this in:

Loki wrote:The more compelling argument concerning the map would be that by that version of the map, Antarctica's actual land mass would be literally never ending, you would never be able to circle it. However, there is no current reason to believe that with the proper vessel/tech we couldn't completely circle Antarctica, because Antarctica is actually just another continent like any other at the bottom of the Earth.


That's the other achilles heel to flat earth for sure.

Of course, the FE lot will say "who has been to the antarctica to see it? We can't even go to the North Pole due to the USA claiming it as a no go area and no fly zone".

Seemingly they have a point.

But do they?

I present to you - a fragment of the Piri Reis map which shows the coast of Antarctica and not the ice which covers it. It is only today with modern technology that we are able to map the coastline of the Antarctica via ground penetrating radar. But, Piri Reis did this way back when.

Image

So this puts the FE claim of "no one seen it" into the bin. Clearly, it was mapped to within a degree of accuracy, hundreds of years ago and with no "NWO agenda" BS to boot - just a need to know what is out there on this earth.

Scimi
Image


I have nothing to do with any recommendations to join any war on any person , race or community. I do not support ISIS nor any other movement, I seek opportunities to unite mankind, I seek to look at common ground and choose to ignore differences. I do not support violence, I condemn it. I have no affiliations with any promoting of violence be it political, racial or religious.
Offline
User avatar

Karlysymon

Registered User

1.5 stars

  • Posts: 339
  • Joined: 09 January 2017
  • Thanks Received: 282

Re: You know I had to do it: The Official Flat Earth thread

PostThu Mar 16, 2017 8:53 pm

I've had this image sitting in my gallery for some good years. You just never know when things will come in handy! Taken by a pilot in Australia 2013
Image
http://dailymail.co.uk/news/article-278 ... beach.html
We see rainbows as arcs in the sky.
FETs will say its because of the dome overhead but the above image shows that rainbows are actually complete circles. I was pretty excited when i found that out. So there is no pot of gold at its end. And a rainbow actually encircles God's throne (Rev 4:3). Its only possible to view them that way at very high altitudes. Mean time, here on the ground they remain arcs in the sky. Anyone can chime in on how this helps or defeats FET.
Offline

KoncreteMind

Registered User

1 star

  • Posts: 160
  • Joined: 11 March 2014
  • Thanks Received: 85

Re: You know I had to do it: The Official Flat Earth thread

PostFri Mar 17, 2017 3:49 am

Scimitar wrote:KM, you've shown how you don't follow scripture in this thread and you cannot deny this. You've not been able to debunk the scriptural contexts of the OT nor the NT which I presented to you.

So now that I know that you ignore your holy books in lieu of your stubbornness in believing in a flat earth - Just answer this Konkrete Mind:

Job 26:7 reads as follows: He spreads out the northern skies over empty space; he suspends the earth over nothing.

He suspends the Northern skies over empty space... If North is the center of the earth in your flat earth map - bro KM - where is "south" according to the Cardinal Directions (north east west n south) given in your scripture???

This is your flat earth map:

Image

You done failed dude. It's stupid and basic crap like this which flies over your stubborn cranial walls, right Konk? :D

Scimi


Dont know what you're going on about. North/South/East/West still work on a flat earth its just subjective to where you're at on the plane. South of Africa, would not be the same as the South of North America. Thats first off. Secondly, how did I fail? You made an earlier post, I responded to that post, you ignored it because you couldnt answer it, yet here you are again asking me things to which if I respond, you'll ignore. Who failed but you? In fact, did you respond to Admiral's Byrd's words about that land mass beyond the South Pole (Antarctica)? Nope. How about Mike Degruy going to the bottom of the ocean and seeing a firmament underwater lake that he could not descend into? No, didnt get your response to that either. If one of us has failed, it has to be you. Its hard to take a person serious in a convo if they just dodge what one side is saying but still expect that one side to respond to all that said person says..

So I'll just have to say the same thing I think I said to you before. Stop using the bible to support your argument. It doesnt. It says there is an EXPANSE of water above the earth, something science doesnt say. No not an "expanse" as in water condensation. But a literal SEA of water above the earth. You ignore it. It says that Joshua stopped the sun AND the moon (only one should be moving right?). You ignore it. It says the earth is stable and cant be moved, you ignore it. It says the earth is supported by pillars, and you ignore it. But when you find a verse that MAY support your argument, you want to hold that over my head? Not really the type of convo Im looking for. If you want to go down the list of bible verses that talk about the earth, then we can do that. But you dont and the other people Ive posted to about the bible do not because its CLEAR as day that it doesnt support our modern perception of the earth. Be honest and admit it instead of ducking and dodging the responses I gave you.

Lastly, call me KonCRETE or KM. But dont call me Konk or konkrete please and thank you. My name is my name and respect shall be placed on it lol :grin:
Offline

KoncreteMind

Registered User

1 star

  • Posts: 160
  • Joined: 11 March 2014
  • Thanks Received: 85

Re: You know I had to do it: The Official Flat Earth thread

PostFri Mar 17, 2017 3:59 am

Scimitar wrote:
That's the other achilles heel to flat earth for sure.

Of course, the FE lot will say "who has been to the antarctica to see it? We can't even go to the North Pole due to the USA claiming it as a no go area and no fly zone".

Seemingly they have a point.

But do they?

I present to you - a fragment of the Piri Reis map which shows the coast of Antarctica and not the ice which covers it. It is only today with modern technology that we are able to map the coastline of the Antarctica via ground penetrating radar. But, Piri Reis did this way back when.

Image

So this puts the FE claim of "no one seen it" into the bin. Clearly, it was mapped to within a degree of accuracy, hundreds of years ago and with no "NWO agenda" BS to boot - just a need to know what is out there on this earth.

Scimi


There is absolutely not one claim that "NO ONE has seen Antarctica" when plenty of people have pointed to Admiral Byrd as part of the theory. Then theres the belief/theory/conspiracy/fantasy/lie (pick one I guess) that the Nazi's had a base there too. That is definitely not the claim but that leads to something else that yall can look up concerning the off-limitness of Antarctica. Norweigan explorer Jarl Andhome. I implore you to go look up his story, then come back and tell me Antarctica is not off limits and that they're NOT hiding something there. Combined with Admiral Byrd and the Antarctic treaty itself, the evidence is too compelling to say otherwise...
Offline
User avatar

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

  • Posts: 2204
  • Joined: 28 February 2013
  • Gender: Male
  • Thanks Received: 875

Re: You know I had to do it: The Official Flat Earth thread

PostFri Mar 17, 2017 9:22 pm

I know you don't particularly mind, but do want to say sorry on the delay KM. Been getting busy every time I sit down to respond in full. I'll hopefully be able to get it done on Monday. Have a great weekend all!
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria
Offline

KoncreteMind

Registered User

1 star

  • Posts: 160
  • Joined: 11 March 2014
  • Thanks Received: 85

Re: You know I had to do it: The Official Flat Earth thread

PostFri Mar 17, 2017 10:54 pm

Loki wrote:I know you don't particularly mind, but do want to say sorry on the delay KM. Been getting busy every time I sit down to respond in full. I'll hopefully be able to get it done on Monday. Have a great weekend all!


Yea its definitely no rush Loki and no need to say sorry as its not like you owe me a response. Have a great one too
Offline
User avatar

Thy Unveiling

Creeper's Creeper

Registered User

1 star

  • Posts: 127
  • Joined: 18 January 2017
  • Gender: Female
  • Thanks Received: 123

Re: You know I had to do it: The Official Flat Earth thread

PostFri Mar 17, 2017 11:10 pm

Holy fuck! This conversations still going on??

Not going to pretend I've read much (if any) of the discussion, but I gotta ask: Does it make a difference if the Earth is flat or round or even a cube?

Maybe I should come up with a "Cube Earth" theory and use a bunch of altered pictures and confusing science speak and see how many people jump on the bandwagon. "Flat Earthers are partially correct! But it's flat on more than one side!" Nah, I honestly don't give a shit and have better things to do with my time.

I used to respect Eric Dubay, even if he did go over my head and "lost" me a few times. Now I think he's worse than Alex Jones.
"It's this house that's gone mad! I'm as sane as can be!" ~ICP; Madhouse
Offline

KoncreteMind

Registered User

1 star

  • Posts: 160
  • Joined: 11 March 2014
  • Thanks Received: 85

Re: You know I had to do it: The Official Flat Earth thread

PostSat Mar 18, 2017 2:45 am

I also wonder what it matters concerning what the last person to post in the "what are you listening to now" was actually listening to or what everyones favorite film is in the "favorite films" thread. But you wont see me go into those threads and say say what you're listening to/favorite film is doesnt matter. I let them cook within the threads (and any other I dont have an interest in) and share whatever they want with interested parties. If you dont think it matters, didnt read any of the thread, and dont want to discuss anything about it, why even enter the thread in the first place? Especially if you have better things to do with your time as you say..
PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron