It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:32 pm

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Long-Term Relationships/Marriage

Discussions and critical analysis of controversial social and cultural issues.
  • Author

Scimitar

Servant of God

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 582

Re: Long-Term Relationships/Marriage

PostFri Jun 20, 2014 3:47 pm

Maybe so in the west... in the middle east 22 is very much like 32.

She's happy. He's happy. I don't have a problem with them being happy... do you?

Scimi

I have nothing to do with any recommendations to join any war on any person , race or community. I do not support ISIS nor any other movement, I seek opportunities to unite mankind, I seek to look at common ground and choose to ignore differences. I do not support violence, I condemn it. I have no affiliations with any promoting of violence be it political, racial or religious.

aphrodite

1 star

• Thanks Received: 56

PostFri Jun 20, 2014 3:53 pm

I don't have a problem with them being happy , if she really is as happy as she says/seems.

What do you mean that in the middle east been 22 is almost the same as being 32 in the west?
"Minds are like parachutes...they only function when they are open." Thomas Dewar

Scimitar

Servant of God

4 stars

PostFri Jun 20, 2014 6:03 pm

the women in the middle east mature a lot faster - mentally, than the ones in the west. Most girls in the middle east, whilst in education, are also taking the burdens off their parents shoulders in day to day home activities, some even get jobs part time and spend their money on their families instead of themselves... the boys are the same.

Ofcourse - i'm not including the uber-rich saudi family (which is so damn large lol) and spend their monies on fast cars, drinking and gambling.

in the middle east, if a female or male is unmarried by the age of 22, the community starts to enquire if everything is ok - because it is not normal for a young man or woman to be unmarried by that age. Couple this with the scientific fact that women reach puberty earlier in hotter climates than women in colder climes. The average temperature of the country or province is considered the main factor here, not only with regard to menstruation but as regards the whole of sexual development at puberty. In Arabia, typically girls reach puberty between 9 and 12 years of age... in the case of the girl in the video, she would have already been menstruating for at least 10 years before she got married.And consider, the ideal of marriage is still very much alive and a done thing culturally in the middle east, and you may be able to understand why I say what I say.

In the west, it's rapidly becoming the accepted norm to not get married, and socially as well as culturally this is an accepted thing - here, in the west. However, in relation to history, this is still a rather new development for the west - since marriage was traditionallly, socially and culturally accepted as the norm. But as the west becomes a godless society, the ideals that God had given humans to live by start to wane - hence today, marriage in the west is a dwindling thing.

In start contrast - in the east, marriage has always been the status quo and remains so - thus, we can understand that a girl who reaches puberty already by the age of 12, marrying at the age of 22 seems perfectly fine... in most cases though, the girls marry even younger, around 15 - 19 years of age.

It's not strictly the middle east either - in India, village girls marry early, usually by the age of 14... by the age of 21 they've already got a 5 a side football team (children)

Scimi

I have nothing to do with any recommendations to join any war on any person , race or community. I do not support ISIS nor any other movement, I seek opportunities to unite mankind, I seek to look at common ground and choose to ignore differences. I do not support violence, I condemn it. I have no affiliations with any promoting of violence be it political, racial or religious.

aphrodite

1 star

• Thanks Received: 56

PostFri Jun 20, 2014 7:42 pm

OK, I understand that. And certainly that's a big cultural difference with what is the norm in Europe and North America, becoming also more normal in Central and South America. People is getting married later in life, or not marrying at all, while in the past marriage was the normal thing to do.

I wasn't really referring to the maturity level and more to life experience. I don't really condone marrying young, some people are mature enough to take on the commitment and make a good life for themselves while going through live with their chosen partner. Young people have the passion and the energy to go through everything, and they are the ones that change the world. I don't believe that you miss out in life by marrying young, you just do different things.

Now, life experience at 22 is never the same at at 32, not to compare it to 92. While he has probably done almost all that there is for him to do, at 22 you are just starting to live. At 22 there are a lot of things to do that are mostly driven by passion that at 92 wouldn't make much sense. I don't blame the old fella, if he feels like he can keep up, good for him. But choosing a bride so much his junior is in some ways denying life to her. If she were to marry a 32 or 35 y/o, even though would be an age difference, and therefore a difference in life experience, this difference wouldn't or shouldn't be so overwhelming, 70 years difference is worlds difference apart, he may be to want to be young through her, but in doing so, he is also stealing life to her. And she is accepting because it's what her faiths tells her that is correct (nothing wrong with the faith, I guess is the interpretation that is probably wrong.) Marrying a guy a couple of years older, they both will be on the same boat, learning together to travel the path of life, growing old together.

IMHO, he should have chosen a much older bride, he want an young wife, get a 40 y/o wife that has already live some, that's still a 50 year difference. Hopefully they make it work, but one thing is for certain, she will be a young widow.
"Minds are like parachutes...they only function when they are open." Thomas Dewar

Scimitar

Servant of God

4 stars

PostFri Jun 20, 2014 9:32 pm

well, it stands to reason that he will probably pass on before she does, by a large way... and she'll have to marry again. She'll be quite the catch, considering that she will have inherited a sizeable portion of his estate - according to shariah law. It may seem weird to westerners but in Iraq, she wouldn't really have a problem finding a husband again if you know what I mean.

The world is a big place, and accommodates all kinds of cultures and traditions, however - though I feel the old man could have found an older wife, I also believe that destiny is what it is meant to be, and these things do happen, occasionally.

Not just in the middle east, if you know what I am saying ;)

Scimi

Failboat

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 118

PostSat Jun 21, 2014 3:12 am

I am allowed to respond or should I still sit my 9 year old retarded ass in the quiet chair?

Seriously wtf?

This forum is seriously not even worth it anymore.

So people can tell me to shut the fuck up?

Anyone who knows me knows I never ever trolled but I'm sorry KF ALWAYS provokes and baits, what does he expect?

Further, KF has NO clue about or my life but yet he can tell me I'd screw a whole team? WTF. So damn rude seriously.

Scimitar

Servant of God

4 stars

PostMon Jun 23, 2014 3:41 pm

:D yeah, right... pfft, if you'd actually had an opinion, you'd have shared it instead of making another offtopic post... stop with the fake butt hurt.

Kung Fu

2.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 207

PostMon Jun 23, 2014 3:50 pm

Failboat wrote:Further, KF has NO clue about or my life but yet he can tell me I'd screw a whole team? WTF. So damn rude seriously.

I have no clue about your life but neither do you and so your comment previous to mine was uncalled for. Not once have you participated in my threads accordingly. All you do is come in with your on liners and then leave.

You can't troll and then call foul play when you get a response you don't like. Grow up.

TheFallenAlchemist

The Irate Individual

2 stars

• Thanks Received: 138

PostTue Jul 01, 2014 10:12 pm

I really don't know what to say about VF anymore. I guess it reflects the state of the world on a brink of change.
"Symbols have power, Netley... Power enough to turn even a stomach such as yours... Or to deliver half this planet's population into slavery." - Alan Moore, From Hell

Reviews, interviews, thoughts/theories: http://www.thegrimtower.com/
Band Page: http://www.torii.bandcamp.com/

Scimitar

Servant of God

4 stars

PostWed Jul 02, 2014 1:09 am

I highly doubt that - the world is bigger than a forum.

However, changes are happening, just not in that way...

...we're living in some very amazing times. Prophecies are fruiting in far greater sequence than I've ever witnessed in my lifetime. But that's another thread :D

Scimi

PreviousNext

Return to Social and Cultural Engineering