It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:26 pm

Announcement: The Vigilant Forums have been reopened! Please see here for further information.

Is it a sin to seek knowledge?

Theological and spiritual discussions within the context of a religious framework.
  • Author

Tatilina

0.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 11

Re: Is it a sin to seek knowledge?

PostSun Jan 08, 2017 9:26 pm

Gnostic Bishop wrote:
justjess wrote:I've been having this exact same debate for years.. it goes nowhere unfortunately. The mental gymnastics required to be okay with this are incredible. I agree with u completely gnostic.

Thanks.

All we can do is give the facts as we understand them and not be upset when theists cannot understand what is written in their holy books.

We have to remember that the lying priests, preachers and imams got at them when young and have indoctrinated them into their lies.

Facts do not matter to those who have scrapped their logic and reason for the faith of fools.

Note how our friend above cannot follow a simple logic trail and can no longer use reason.

Regards
DL

Thanks for nailing it Gnostics Bishop! I couldn't agree more.
Chase the beast, or the beast will chase you.

Tatilina

0.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 11

PostSun Jan 08, 2017 9:29 pm

Gnostic Bishop wrote:
KoncreteMind wrote:
Gnostic Bishop wrote:
The did not choose wrong.

To choose, knowledge is required of what you are choosing between.

If they werent wrong, the world would be in a better place, and not in a worse place. As well, only YOU assume they had no knowledge before eating from the tree. That isnt biblical though...

The tree of knowledge holds all possible knowledge and their place on the good and evil graph.

False. The CREATOR, who was with them in the garden, who created them AND the tree, holds ALL possible knowledge. Yet instead of going to Him, they went to the tree for knowledge. The very same tree, they were told to NOT go to. So for the umpteenth time, why does it make sense that they wouldnt go to the CREATOR for the knowledge they sought, but instead go to the tree? You dont want to answer because it pokes a hole in your gnostic interpretation of the story...

A & E had no knowledge of anything and could not have even had the desire to choose. They could not see a choice because, as scriptures say, they were mentally blind.

That lack of desire is why they did not reproduce till after eating of the tree of knowledge.

Regards
DL

Thats your lazy interpretation that they knew NOTHING before eating from the tree.

Again you say God was there when the script says he was not, but if you want to think knowledge can be had, and its evaluation as to good and evil, without that knowledge, I will leave you with your delusional thinking.

Regards
DL

Delusional indeed. Thanks for nailing it again.
Chase the beast, or the beast will chase you.

Scimitar

Servant of God

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 549

PostMon Feb 20, 2017 4:25 pm

Seek knowledge even in China - the Prophet Muhammad pbuh

China is not a part of any Abrahamic tradition of faith, yet we were instructed to travel to the limits of civilisation in order to seek beneficial knowledge. China has always been at the limit of civilisation, known as the land of the rising sun - and the most easterly of mainland nations with its own history. The idea behind the hadeeth is to travel and seek beneficial knowledge wherever one finds it.

Islam came to the world to kill ignorance (Jahilliyah) among humanity.

O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things). - 49:13

Scimi

I have nothing to do with any recommendations to join any war on any person , race or community. I do not support ISIS nor any other movement, I seek opportunities to unite mankind, I seek to look at common ground and choose to ignore differences. I do not support violence, I condemn it. I have no affiliations with any promoting of violence be it political, racial or religious.

Gnostic Bishop

2 stars

• Thanks Received: 94

PostMon Feb 20, 2017 7:03 pm

Scimitar wrote:Seek knowledge even in China - the Prophet Muhammad pbuh

China is not a part of any Abrahamic tradition of faith, yet we were instructed to travel to the limits of civilisation in order to seek beneficial knowledge. China has always been at the limit of civilisation, known as the land of the rising sun - and the most easterly of mainland nations with its own history. The idea behind the hadeeth is to travel and seek beneficial knowledge wherever one finds it.

Islam came to the world to kill ignorance (Jahilliyah) among humanity.

O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things). - 49:13

Scimi

How is that working out for the Muslims in China?

IMO, not too well for Islam.

https://www.chinafile.com/reporting-opi ... amic-veils

phpBB [video]

Regards
DL

Scimitar

Servant of God

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 549

PostMon Feb 20, 2017 8:23 pm

That happens every year - but the Uighur Muslims fast anyway. Lol.

Why is this even relevant? :D bloody heck Gnostic Chopstick, you're a few noodles short of brunch.

It actually cheeses the Chinese off because the more they do this, the more they encourage trade between the Uighur themselves, and the Uighur are very hard workers. The Uighur's keep growing in number because they feel more isolated and don't mix - this is another fear factor for the Chinese. Ironically, if the Chinese policy on Uighur was relaxed, the tensions between the two would ease up and the Uighur would over the course of a few generations, assimilate into Chinese society - meanwhile Islam in China would not be so relegated to one geospheric influence - but represent itself more viably across China itself - thus making the nation richer and more prosperous.

In the UK where I live, the Muslims give more in charity to British causes than any other group - fact.

This is not common to only the UK, but look at any nation where Islam is not it's main religion, and you find the same.

Here where I live, sunny old England, We Muslims also own our own businesses, and pay taxes which are integral to the inland revenue's expectation of nationwide return of investment. The Muslims Per Capita Expediture is such that when compared to other groups - you will find the Experian/Equifax credit ratings of the Muslim demographi to far exceed in score, any other group in question - including the Jews who we all shout about.

Now that's food for thought.

Next time you come with this kinda ignorance - do some fact checking first.

Is it a sin to seek knowledge?

:D

Scimi

EDIT, I remember when the Dutch made that derogatory cartoon of the Prophet Muhammad pbuh and the UAE and KSA boycotted Dutch Cheese, which was a source of revenue for the nation - and the loss of which almost crippled it's economy.

The Dutch Prime Minister quickly issued an apology after he was informed how badly the boycott had affected their economy. I laughed, as usual.

You have to understand, this is a multi-tiered layer cake and the repurcussions of polticial plays affect lots of spheres of influence. No matter what the agenda is, God's agenda is above them all.

Scimi

I have nothing to do with any recommendations to join any war on any person , race or community. I do not support ISIS nor any other movement, I seek opportunities to unite mankind, I seek to look at common ground and choose to ignore differences. I do not support violence, I condemn it. I have no affiliations with any promoting of violence be it political, racial or religious.
Previous

Return to Religion