It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:25 pm

Announcement: The Vigilant Forums have been reopened! Please see here for further information.

We're Back!

The latest forum announcements and official statements from the Vigilant staff.
  • Author

Karlysymon

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 261

Re: We're Back!

PostMon Jan 09, 2017 9:03 am

Iam checking in too! Exact same feeling as Thunderian. I missed EVERYONE terribly, whether i interacted with them or not. Its amazing how the interactions of that small group of people retain a grip on many. I actually stumbled across this site afew days before xmas through a google search and i don't use FaceBook, twitter, Reddit, all social networks and popular forums, so without that search i probably wouldnt have found out. I held off on signing up with the hope that VC's site wouldn't be gone for 8weeks but since it won't be up any time soon, guess its time to move on but its not easy. And iam guessing, like me, there are many others who have found it but with few people around and little activity, they are holding off but they will trickle in. As for why VC shut it down, i suspected that the reason was many complaining about not much substance happening (the case of Asia Teacher) and people claiming to take breaks and not posting much.
Special thanks to Hex and Loki for easing our pain and lighting a candle when the lights went out.

meltbanana

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 22

PostTue Jan 10, 2017 10:49 am

o/

Serendipity

0.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 75

PostTue Jan 10, 2017 12:52 pm

meltbanana wrote:o/

Hi there :D

meltbanana

0 stars

PostTue Jan 10, 2017 3:45 pm

Serendipity wrote:
meltbanana wrote:o/

Hi there :D

...and a good day to you ! :)

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 835

PostTue Jan 10, 2017 4:08 pm

Hey MB, how's it going? You find the place by chance or somebody contact you?
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

meltbanana

0 stars

PostWed Jan 11, 2017 1:10 am

Loki wrote:Hey MB, how's it going? You find the place by chance or somebody contact you?

Hey Loki !

Same old, same old. How are things going with you ? Just great, I hope.

I was checking out the comments of VC's Neon Demon article on Facebook and someone posted the link to this place.

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 835

PostWed Jan 11, 2017 1:10 pm

meltbanana wrote:
Loki wrote:Hey MB, how's it going? You find the place by chance or somebody contact you?

Hey Loki !

I was checking out the comments of VC's Neon Demon article on Facebook and someone posted the link to this place.

Life is life, ups and downs. Getting married this year but lost two family members last month, so it is what it is.

Ah cool, that would be Jess' doing I imagine. Good job Jess!
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

meltbanana

0 stars

PostWed Jan 11, 2017 4:12 pm

Loki wrote:
meltbanana wrote:

Hey Loki !

Life is life, ups and downs. Getting married this year but lost two family members last month, so it is what it is.

Ah cool, that would be Jess' doing I imagine. Good job Jess!

I'm sorry for your losses, but it is exactly how you've said.
Great to read about you getting married, though. Best of luck ! And remember: Proper communication saves lots of troubles.
And yes, the comment is indeed from a girl named Jessica.

justjess

JEZEBEL

5 Stars

• Thanks Received: 985

PostWed Jan 11, 2017 10:04 pm

Guilty as charged..

You asked I delivered Loki lol
Scratch most feminists and underneath there is a woman who longs to be a sex object. The difference is that is not all she wants to be. ~Betty Rollin

"I don't really aspire to being rational. I'm more attracted to the irrational," she says. "There's no such thing as total rationality. That's something I've realized lately." - Scarlet Johansson

Karlysymon

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 261

PostThu Jan 12, 2017 3:55 am

Loki wrote:Life is life, ups and downs. Getting married this year but lost two family members last month, so it is what it is.

Hey Loki, congrats on your upcoming nupitals and my condolences for your loss.
PreviousNext

Return to Announcements