It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:20 pm

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Can you accept that Man is greater than God?

Theological and spiritual discussions within the context of a religious framework.
  • Author

Gnostic Bishop

2 stars

• Thanks Received: 114

Re: Can you accept that Man is greater than God?

PostSat Sep 16, 2017 12:06 pm

slave_of_God wrote:Have you even met Jesus? All you have is what you've read from the bible.

What i'm talking about is recognizing that my body and my mind couldn't have existed on its own. My parents had the same beginning as i and so did their parents and so on and so forth.

So, if every human being was non-existent prior to birth, then that means that A Supreme Force Organized our bodies and Blessed them with souls with the abilities to love, hate, reflect, think, etc, meaning that these abilities too come from That Force.

If you are correct, your God is a prick.

phpBB [video]

Regards
DL

slave_of_God

0.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 29

PostSat Sep 16, 2017 7:59 pm

Tell me more about it when you die. All the best.
My heart's at ease knowing what has missed me was never meant for me.

Creeper

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 282

PostSun Sep 17, 2017 7:10 am

From a certain point of view, death (which is generally considered a bad thing) can be a mercy...

I remember this Hadeeth about Adam, when he saw the deformities and whatnot in future generations, and thought it pertinent to the current conversation.

Allah raised their father Adam, and he looked at them and saw those of them who were rich, those who were poor, those who had good forms and those who did not. Adam said: "0 Allah! I wish You to make Your servants equal." Allah replied: "I love being thanked."

Honestly, I don't particularly like it either, but it is what it is. I recognise God as the ultimate in both good and evil, he loves and creates both. Everything is His Will. I can understand your misothiesm completely when you only seem to recognise His evil and then don't look any further. It is good to recognise that not everything is bad and to appreciate what we have.

Ecclesiastes 4:1-3
Again I looked and saw all the oppression that was taking place under the sun:

I saw the tears of the oppressed—
and they have no comforter;
power was on the side of their oppressors—
and they have no comforter.

And I declared that the dead,
who had already died,
are happier than the living,
who are still alive.

But better than both
is the one who has never been born,
who has not seen the evil
that is done under the sun.
A fool thinks himself to be wise,
a wise man knows himself to be a fool.

Everything is meaningless, a chasing after the wind.

Gnostic Bishop

2 stars

PostSun Sep 17, 2017 11:14 am

Adam is shown to be rather stupid in the bible as well.

If we were all equal, there would be no survival of the fittest and we would go extinct.

Evil is saying that women are only worth half of what a man is.

Equality under the law is not the same as equality of opportunity.

Gnostic Christians have tied equality under the law with righteousness. Allah is not righteous.

Regards
DL

slave_of_God

0.5 stars

PostSun Sep 17, 2017 1:20 pm

Righteousness is Keeping everything existing at each moment without us having asked for any of it.

Righteousness is Granting us oxygen at each second without us having to pay for any of it.

We are the wrongdoers for not being thankful to God for everything that we've been given and for daring to find faults with each and everything. That is true arrogance. Not pondering over how we came to exist and over how we can even have an inkling of intelligence when prior to birth we were nowhere to be found!

slave_of_God

0.5 stars

PostSun Sep 17, 2017 2:30 pm

Watch and learn from Jim Carrey. Awaken your souls. Same thing applies to VC and all those pretending to be believers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzyaQ0H5D74

Creeper

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 282

PostMon Sep 18, 2017 6:40 am

There was just one thing I wanted to address on the last post, I can't let it go, otherwise I agree for the most part which makes a nice change. :Smile:

Gnostic Bishop wrote:that link suggests that a three year old will, with almost no instruction, develop a system to use as a language, yet studies with feral children show otherwise.

We have the tools to learn language in our brains, babies do well to be speaking within a year or two of being born, it is well documented that young children learn new languages much easier than adults. Your example is ridiculous and extreme. From what humans is a feral child supposed to learn a human language? And do they not communicate with the animals that adopted them?

The only other things I would have said about that post would be that I don't care about prizes awarded by the system and I agree that the ancient Muslims were people of knowledge, but I figured it wasn't worth quoting the rest just to say that.

Gnostic Bishop wrote:Adam is shown to be rather stupid in the bible as well.

I prefer not to judge, but I have thought the same. Einstein has a great quote attributed to him regarding human stupidity. None of us are perfect.

If we were all equal, there would be no survival of the fittest and we would go extinct.

Bollox. Also, 'survival of the fittest' is BS that people have been programmed to believe by repetition. It is basically saying 'survival of the richest' when the original thesis was that it is the creature that can adapt that will survive.

Remember, the meek shall inherit the earth...

Evil is saying that women are only worth half of what a man is.

Equality under the law is not the same as equality of opportunity.

Gnostic Christians have tied equality under the law with righteousness.

Allah is not righteous.

That's not an argument, just more misothiesm :lol:
A fool thinks himself to be wise,
a wise man knows himself to be a fool.

Everything is meaningless, a chasing after the wind.

Gnostic Bishop

2 stars

PostMon Sep 18, 2017 12:34 pm

I read that article as saying children will develop language on their own.

I agree that if taught, children will learn their parents language.

I also agree that in the environment we have created, the richest can be seen as the fittest.

Regards
DL

slave_of_God

0.5 stars

PostMon Sep 18, 2017 3:42 pm

That's according to you. According to me, i am the richest of all men since i am not attached to anything except to The Owner of everything. I don't fear poverty or anything but Him. Try beating that.

Gnostic Bishop

2 stars

PostMon Sep 18, 2017 4:50 pm

slave_of_God wrote:That's according to you. According to me, i am the richest of all men since i am not attached to anything except to The Owner of everything. I don't fear poverty or anything but Him. Try beating that.

If you are a part of the possessions of the owner of everything, and like to be, then you have already been beat into being a big loser.

You were born relatively free and should hate all who aspire to be slaves.

I pity you and hate those who put such slavish notions and desires into your head.

Regards
DL
PreviousNext

Return to Religion