It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 2:15 am

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Favourite films

Critical analysis of the entertainment industry and their products, including Music, Movies, TV's & Video Games.
  • Author

Creeping Jesus

0 stars

• Thanks Received: 0

Favourite films

PostTue Feb 28, 2017 3:45 pm

What are peoples favourite films I know mine but what's everyone else like and any good tv series

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 875

Re: Favourite films

PostTue Feb 28, 2017 4:12 pm

It's hard for me to decide on a favorite film of all time because I love a lot of movies, but I would say Braveheart and Legends of the Fall and Jurassic Park, plus the Star Wars franchise are movies that I can always watch and enjoy.

As for television, some favorite series for me would be Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Downton Abbey, Sherlock, Luther, Orphan Black, The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, and many more, and that's just considering drama really, not like sitcoms and comedy and cartoons.
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

Creeping Jesus

0 stars

PostTue Feb 28, 2017 4:23 pm

See Loki my favourite film is the green mile amazing film current watching one of the residents evils but not totally sure about it have u watched the resident evil films and what u think of them

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

PostTue Feb 28, 2017 4:41 pm

Creeping Jesus wrote:See Loki my favourite film is the green mile amazing film current watching one of the residents evils but not totally sure about it have u watched the resident evil films and what u think of them

I like the Resident Evil games but never really got into the movies. I like action-y horror movies like those and the Underworld series, but I don't often seek them out I guess. My action movies tend to be more like Lethal Weapon, the Bourne series, the Fast and Furious series and others.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

Taragaia

Awake

1.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 273

PostTue Feb 28, 2017 4:47 pm

I am a real film lover, I have a card that allows me to go to any movie I want at the local cinema for a set price so naming only one favorite or even ten would be hard.

I can say thought that in general I prefer mystery thrillers, dark fairytales, stop motion films and science fiction. Movies like Coraline, Shutter Island, The Matrix, Ghost in the shell, Stoker, Crimson peak, The butterfly effect, the Others, Nightmare before christmas etc all tend to have large creative elements that I like.

I have a thing for directors like Guillermo del Toro and Tim Burton, I like creativity mixed with a little bit of Gothic gloom.

I also like animation and go to most Disney movies :P
The only way out is in

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

PostTue Feb 28, 2017 4:56 pm

Oh, I was just reminded of Dogma. Haven't seen that movie in a while, but Matt Damon's Loki was one of my favorite iterations of Loki even though that version of Loki was not really related at all to the Norse version, rather he was a fallen angel and previously the Angel of Death. Haven't seen that movie in years but now I kind of want to watch it.

And now that I'm searching for Dogma on Netflix I've been reminded of Good Will Hunting, another favorite of mine. I really enjoyed the movie but also the story behind it. Which then reminded me of another solid movie (imo) that has a cool story behind it's success, and that's Paranormal Activity. I know the series has plenty of issues, but I enjoy them all because I really enjoyed the first one.

Creeping Jesus

0 stars

PostTue Feb 28, 2017 5:01 pm

I watched that film with creeper last tusday I really enjoyed dogma u seen jay and silent bob

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

PostTue Feb 28, 2017 5:06 pm

Creeping Jesus wrote:I watched that film with creeper last tusday I really enjoyed dogma u seen jay and silent bob

I was just really sad to find that it's not streamable on any platform apparently, so I just bought a used copy on Amazon for $7 haha.

I'm actually not the biggest Jay and Silent Bob fan. I like what I've seen but I think I was too young or too sheltered when they got big. I enjoyed their appearance in Dogma and since then I've seen parts of their other films but never really a full film.

Creeping Jesus

0 stars

PostTue Feb 28, 2017 5:54 pm

See I wasn't sure about jay and silent bob movie at first and then I got into it but to be fair I think defo green mile is mine with tom hanks I love Tom hanks film have u ever seen big

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

PostTue Feb 28, 2017 6:10 pm

Tom Hanks is great. I've actually not seen the Green Mile but I've always heard it's one I should watch. There are far too many movies and TV shows on my "To Watch" list.

I have seen BIG, but I think I was still in school when I saw it so it had to have been a long time ago. I remember enjoying it though and the general premise and some scenes.

Next

Return to Entertainment Industry