It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 2:08 am

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

What the fuck is up

Doesn't quite fit anywhere else? Share it here.
  • Author

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

• Thanks Received: 875

What the fuck is up

PostThu Jan 25, 2018 2:53 pm

with all of these spam bots? Just killed like twenty of those fuckers. Weird sudden insurgence, and all Russian. Have we been compromised?

I know nobody comes here anymore, just posting this because I'm bored.
This message brought to you by My Brain, courtesy of My Fingers.

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

Hex

Divine Self Manifest

Site Founder

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 293

Re: What the fuck is up

PostThu Jan 25, 2018 3:17 pm

Oh wow, what did I just miss, Lol. Let me go and update some settings.

Thanks for cleaning house while I was away! Need to get back to you on your message as well.
"When I became," said he, "the becoming became.
I have become the becoming.
I am one seeing myself, divided.
I am two and four and eight.
I am the universe in diversity.
I am my transformations.
This is my coming together.
Here are my selves become one."

-- Egyptian Book of the Dead

Rec

2 stars

• Thanks Received: 149

PostFri Jan 26, 2018 5:48 am

How incidental that I visited when I did since I had it in mind to peruse some old posts at the same time a spambot roused the beast. Or maybe it was sheer willpower that summoned the powers that be? since I didn't think reporting would do anything, quite honestly. It's indeed a mystery.

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

PostFri Jan 26, 2018 3:24 pm

Kind of really odd that we all got an urge to pop on in the last week or so. I hadn't been on here in probably half a month or more but decided to hop on and see if anything needed attention only to see Hex had been on to touch base with me, then I get on a week later to see if he'd responded and find Rec responding to a Russian spam bot and a ginormous amount of Russian spam. Very weird.

Life treating you well Rec?

"We all are to some extent [agnostic]... So yes, I'm an 'agnostic', in as much as I don't actually know what happens when I die. I choose to operate under the assumption that God does not exist. I have no need for God in my life, the concept of a 'God' feels incredibly made up to me. It is not requisite for my every day living. For some people it is. They are 'theistic agnostics,' I am an 'atheistic agnostic.'" - Cara Santa Maria

Rec

2 stars

PostFri Jan 26, 2018 8:52 pm

Whatever the circumstances, I'm glad they transpired as you and Hex are who I would've hoped to see still about, and clearly your astuteness hasn't failed.

I'm content at the moment: though I still have to concede to the perils of blue-collar life and have, as a result, become nocturnal, I'm still very much focused on research, and writing, and philosophy. So things are good. I'm hoping things are well with you all, too!

Loki

Trickster God

Administrator

4 stars

PostFri Jan 26, 2018 9:18 pm

I've conceded to married life myself haha. The marriage has been great, paying for the wedding and honeymoon and all that not so much, so my biggest problems right now are just trying to find money and not spend it wherever I can. Other than that I, and we, are doing really well. Luckily I have the same rather easy job and so I'm able to read about tons of interesting stuff ont he internet daily. Thankfully I've mostly divorced myself from these forums and Vig's forums and that gives me back a ton of my free time and most of my sanity.

What sort of philosophers are you a fan of? I don't read enough but I do love philosophy. He's not really a philosopher, so to speak, but listening to Jason Silva ramble about what other philosophers have said about love, the future, life, death, etc. is one of my favorite things to do.

Hex

Divine Self Manifest

Site Founder

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 293

PostSun Jan 28, 2018 1:00 pm

Rec wrote:I'm content at the moment: though I still have to concede to the perils of blue-collar life and have, as a result, become nocturnal, I'm still very much focused on research, and writing, and philosophy. So things are good. I'm hoping things are well with you all, too!

Aha, the blue-collar life is always a good challenge, alright. I've found myself in a good place and will be relocating continents through work at some point this year... Get back on skype when you get a minute.

Glad to hear things are well with you, and appreciate you checking in.
"When I became," said he, "the becoming became.
I have become the becoming.
I am one seeing myself, divided.
I am two and four and eight.
I am the universe in diversity.
I am my transformations.
This is my coming together.
Here are my selves become one."

-- Egyptian Book of the Dead

Rec

2 stars

PostWed Feb 14, 2018 3:12 am

Loki wrote:I've conceded to married life myself haha. The marriage has been great, paying for the wedding and honeymoon and all that not so much, so my biggest problems right now are just trying to find money and not spend it wherever I can. Other than that I, and we, are doing really well. Luckily I have the same rather easy job and so I'm able to read about tons of interesting stuff ont he internet daily. Thankfully I've mostly divorced myself from these forums and Vig's forums and that gives me back a ton of my free time and most of my sanity.

In that case, congratulations! Though I don’t intend to get married—and the way I often hear other married guys talk about their relationships doesn’t give me any incentive to—I still think it’s an honourable endeavour for those willing to undertake that vocation and strive to make it a harmonious one. I do feel a sort of forceful expectation from relatives at times that I should get married as they probably think it’s in my best interests but I’m not presently eager to give up my debt-free lifestyle to be a part of the usurious banking system in order to achieve “the dream”.
Loki wrote:What sort of philosophers are you a fan of? I don't read enough but I do love philosophy. He's not really a philosopher, so to speak, but listening to Jason Silva ramble about what other philosophers have said about love, the future, life, death, etc. is one of my favorite things to do.

The one that currently has the biggest influence one me is Lil Pump: Gucci gang gucci gang gucci gang gucci gang, hahaha. But seriously, I’m interested in philosophy in general though I may not subscribe to any particular school of thought, and I’m currently studying the effects of the transmission of Neoplatonism and Aristotelianism to the Latins by guys like Ibn Sina, leading to Thomism and then rationalism; as well as the “New World” philosophies of guys like Bertrand Russell and Aldous Huxley.

Return to The Miscellaneous