It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:43 am

Announcement: Registrations are currently disabled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Health Food stores.

Environmental issues, staying in optimal health and avoiding poisons in everyday foods.
  • Author

B.Moshay

Revolutionary

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 403

Re: Health Food stores.

PostThu Mar 28, 2013 2:33 pm

layaamani wrote:
Nikki wrote:There's this chain of health food shops called Holland&Barrett's (I think that's how you spell it), and whenever you go in you see stacks and shelves of protein powder, and everyone inside is fit as hell.
So I trust them!

I go to Holland and Barrett quite a lot. I've been buying Multi-Vitamins from there for ages, and recently started buying 5-HTP supplements.
Seems like good quality stuff, but everything is way over priced.

I bought a jar of pure coconut oil from there for £16.50. A few weeks later I saw a different brand of pure coconut oil in my local supermarket, same amount in the jar, except it was only £1.69!

I bought the cheap jar to compare, there was no discernible difference. :eh:

:think:

Happened to me too! That was a good price at your grocery though! The cheapest I have found is 6 usd.
It's a bullshit three ring circus sideshow of freaks
http://instagram.com/bonafide_reality

Nikki

0.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 7

PostThu Mar 28, 2013 6:55 pm

gcha8e wrote:I wish I could say I was clever enough to see through the advertising and make the right decision, but the sad fact is that only horrible allergies in the family and other health problems forced us to look at what we were eating as a solution, that and the abject failure of the medical diagnosis and treatment we were given at the time.

Sadly, this took a few years because all the medical doctors we knew and visited said there was no link to our food and health. In fact, they prescribed bad foods. It blows my mind today, but now I have to watch other people's kids suffer from chronic ear infections, flus, colds, hyperactivity, etc.... and there is nothing I can do because the parents are doing what every good parent does..... medicating their kids with narcotics and poisons.

Yeah...
It's like how doctors prescribe people statins to lower their cholesterol levels when eating a handful of almonds a day does the same thing.

Even one slight change in your diet could lead to better health...why poison yourself with medicine?
Freedom is choice.

The system isn't broken. It was built this way.

TonyVanDam

2 stars

• Thanks Received: 70

PostThu Mar 28, 2013 7:45 pm

peppermint wrote:You have to be just as careful at health food stores as conventional supermarkets. Whole Foods just got in big trouble over claiming all their food non-GMO, when they actually were selling GMO. Don't give stock to labels that say "natural", as that doesn't really mean anything. Look for "organic", "local", and "grass-fed". If you can, buy from local farmers markets to support your community and get fresh clean food. Or even start a backyard garden.

Speaking of local, I would also recommend everyone to find a locally owned health food store and only used GNC as a very last resort.

I said this because I've notice some of the multi-vitamins supplements at GNC has soy as an ingredient, which is NOT a good thing for those of us that are aware of the dangers of having a diet with too much soy.

Zsymon

Lover of Cats

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 397

PostThu Apr 11, 2013 1:43 am

Basically, you have to be able to trust the shopkeeper. If he/she is trustworthy and reliable, then it's unlikely that
the food that gets sold, is just health-labelled crap. So far my family has only found one such shop that we feel we
can trust, so we get much of our food there several times a week.

I think it is important though, for people to realize how incredibly important our food really is.

We literally are what we eat.. our body's cells are created from the material of the food we eat and beverages we
drink. It goes down to the genes, even the function of our genes are directly affected by what we eat, proven by
a wonderful article Hexa just posted on the forum.

We got to start letting go of Coca-Cola, Fanta, Sprite, fast food, meat, too much dairy and processed foods of all
kinds. It's tasty yes, but it will give you cancer, diabetes, heart conditions and a thousand other possible diseases.
On a Belgium magazine scientists just posted another article about how red meat directly creates cancer in our
body, yet people just keep eating it because under-educated old school doctors think there is nothing wrong with
meat.
What I share are simply my personal views, I consider them subjective and never absolute.
Previous

Return to Health and Nature