It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:25 am

Must See Documentaries

General all purpose critical analysis and discussions on the world around us.
  • Author

Of Death

Ace Avarice

0.5 stars

• Thanks Received: 4

Re: Must See Documentaries

PostWed Mar 20, 2013 3:39 am

Enter into the world of the last remaining high civilization of pre-Columbian America. They are the wisest and most knowledgeable people I have ever had the pleasure to literally meet. They just revealed themselves after 400 years of pure isolation on a mountain in Colombia after successfully separating from their Euro invader relations in about 1599ish. Definitely a life changer.

From The Heart Of The World: The Elder Brother' Warning. (1990, Alan Ereira.)

phpBB [video]

Because we did not listen to their warning of their first film they have a new movie that is going around to festivals right now so that we may actually have a chance of doing something about our situation and information on that can be found at www.alunathemovie.com
Oral axioms > written sources.

enkidu2368

Praetor-

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 274

PostFri Mar 29, 2013 10:22 pm

phpBB [video]

On a trip to visit family in Seoul in April, I was approached by a man and a woman who claimed to be North Korean defectors. They presented me with a DVD that recently came into their possession and asked me to translate it. They also asked me to post the completed film on the Internet so that it could reach a worldwide audience. I believed what I was told and an agreement was made to protect their identities (and mine).

Despite my concerns about what I was viewing when I returned home, I proceeded to translate and post the film on You Tube because of the film's extraordinary content. I have now made public my belief that this film was never intended for a domestic audience in the DPRK. Instead, I believe that these people, who presented themselves as 'defectors' specifically targeted me because of my reputation as a translator and interpreter.

Furthermore, I now believe these people work for the DPRK. The fact that I have continued to translate and post the film in spite of this belief does not make me complicit in their intention to spread their ideology. I chose to keep posting this film because - regardless of who made it - I believe people should see it because of the issues it raises and I stand by my right to post it for people to share and discuss freely with each other.
...this world is only play and amusement, pomp and mutual boasting among you, and rivalry in respect of wealth and children, as the likeness of vegetation after rain, thereof the growth is pleasing to the tiller; afterwards it dries up and you see it turning yellow; then it becomes straw. Al-Hadid (020)

Scimitar

let's save the world

3.5 Stars

• Thanks Received: 371

PostSat Apr 06, 2013 6:45 pm

Hidden Secrets of Money reveals the economic reality that has been hidden from you in plain sight. Discover the secrets that will allow you to unlock the greatest wealth transfer in history. With the series looking at the history of money - episode 1 covers the difference between 'money' and 'currency'.

phpBB [video]

See it.

Scimi
phpBB [video]

Zsymon

Lover of Cats

3 stars

• Thanks Received: 397

PostSun Apr 07, 2013 1:02 am

One of the greatest documentaries I ever saw was: "I Am".

I Am is a 2010 documentary film written, narrated, and directed by Tom Shadyac. The documentary explores Shadyac's
personal journey after a 2007 bicycle accident, "the nature of humanity"[1] and "world's ever-growing addiction to
materialism."[2] The film, shot with Shadyac and a team of four,[3] contrasts sharply with Shadyac's previous comedic
work.
What I share are simply my personal views, I consider them subjective and never absolute.

Zsymon

Lover of Cats

3 stars

PostSun Apr 07, 2013 1:47 am

enkidu2368 wrote:
phpBB [video]

On a trip to visit family in Seoul in April, I was approached by a man and a woman who claimed to be North Korean defectors. They presented me with a DVD that recently came into their possession and asked me to translate it. They also asked me to post the completed film on the Internet so that it could reach a worldwide audience. I believed what I was told and an agreement was made to protect their identities (and mine).

Despite my concerns about what I was viewing when I returned home, I proceeded to translate and post the film on You Tube because of the film's extraordinary content. I have now made public my belief that this film was never intended for a domestic audience in the DPRK. Instead, I believe that these people, who presented themselves as 'defectors' specifically targeted me because of my reputation as a translator and interpreter.

Furthermore, I now believe these people work for the DPRK. The fact that I have continued to translate and post the film in spite of this belief does not make me complicit in their intention to spread their ideology. I chose to keep posting this film because - regardless of who made it - I believe people should see it because of the issues it raises and I stand by my right to post it for people to share and discuss freely with each other.

This documentary, despite its origins, is really good. First time I watched an online video in a long time.
What I share are simply my personal views, I consider them subjective and never absolute.

Justlooking

0 stars

PostSun Apr 07, 2013 6:15 pm

Man that Propaganda movie had so much death in it. I do agree with most of it but is north korea really as good as they say?

TheFallenAlchemist

The Irate Individual

2 stars

• Thanks Received: 136

PostSun Apr 07, 2013 9:20 pm

Some of these have actually been aired in their entirety on Free Speech TV.
"Symbols have power, Netley... Power enough to turn even a stomach such as yours... Or to deliver half this planet's population into slavery." - Alan Moore, From Hell

Reviews, interviews, thoughts/theories: http://www.thegrimtower.com/
Band Page: http://www.torii.bandcamp.com/

Zsymon

Lover of Cats

3 stars

PostSun Apr 07, 2013 9:32 pm

Justlooking wrote:Man that Propaganda movie had so much death in it. I do agree with most of it but is north korea really as good as they say?

It's a good documentary I guess if you ignore the stuff about North Korea.

Justlooking

0 stars

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 6:45 pm

Yes it was pretty good the way the portrayed the west actually is quite spot on. The thing I didn't like about it was them constantly showing death and mutilation, I Know that's what's going on but it's really hard to look at dolphins, wolves, and kids getting slaughtered.

TheFallenAlchemist

The Irate Individual

2 stars

• Thanks Received: 136

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 7:33 pm

phpBB [video]

What about this one? Found it on TPB and decided to download the stream from Youtube. Is it worth watching or just BS?
"Symbols have power, Netley... Power enough to turn even a stomach such as yours... Or to deliver half this planet's population into slavery." - Alan Moore, From Hell

Reviews, interviews, thoughts/theories: http://www.thegrimtower.com/
Band Page: http://www.torii.bandcamp.com/
PreviousNext

Return to General